First Look At J. K. Simmons As Commissioner Gordon In Justice League

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Today is Batman Day, and Zack Snyder decided to give us an idea of what Jim Gordon would look like in the upcoming ensemble film. Can he live up to Gary Oldman’s take on the character?

DC and Marvel should open their own theaters. Seems they make enough movies to just have a new movie in the theater every couple weeks. That way you can have a movie industry and then what ever name DC/Marvel come up for their industry. Could even have their own Academy Awards.

Use to be people flipped there shit because 2 asteroid movies came out in the same year. People even got concerned about 2 Pixar movies in the same year.

Of course he can. J.K. Simmons is as good an actor as any. The question is, who cares? If Jim Gordon matters to a Justice League movie, my personal opinion is that they're probably doing it wrong...again.

After so many years of being asleep at the switch, WB has turned their live-action comic book fate over to a moron. Snyder's agent must have negotiated the most amazingly expensive and one-sided contract ever for him to still be in charge.

I would think a nice Jim Gordon wasn't quite JK Simmons' tempo.

While a really like J.K. Simmons, Gary Oldman > J.K. Simmons any day. Much more importantly, Nolan >>> Zack Snyder

JK Simmons is always gonna be J Jonah Jameson. Also JK Simmons is the white Samual L Jackson. He's only interesting when he's shouting (Spiderman, Whiplash) and I don't usually think of Commissioner Gordon as someone who is shouting a lot.

Looks good. But the problems with Synder's DC movies have never been visual.

I'm sure he'll be great. Will he be Oldman? No, but that's not necessarily terrible. I'm just more of a fan of Oldman's portrayal and Nolan's vision of the films.

DC and Marvel should open their own theaters. Seems they make enough movies to just have a new movie in the theater every couple weeks. That way you can have a movie industry and then what ever name DC/Marvel come up for their industry. Could even have their own Academy Awards.

Use to be people flipped there shit because 2 asteroid movies came out in the same year. People even got concerned about 2 Pixar movies in the same year.

You might want to recount again. they make maybe 2 movies a year tops.

While a really like J.K. Simmons, Gary Oldman > J.K. Simmons any day. Much more importantly, Nolan >>> Zack Snyder
Totally agree. DC has a Zack Snyder issue more than anything. The Batman franchise was doing great under Nolan. It's just too bad that he stepped away from the job. It just goes to show what good creativity mean to a movie franchise, company, etc. Take Apple post Jobs. At least Nolan is still alive and well to go back to.

JK Simmons is always gonna be J Jonah Jameson. Also JK Simmons is the white Samual L Jackson. He's only interesting when he's shouting (Spiderman, Whiplash) and I don't usually think of Commissioner Gordon as someone who is shouting a lot.

You might want to recount again. they make maybe 2 movies a year tops.

This year has been the worst so far.

Batman Vs Superman
Deadpool
Suicide Squad
Captain America Civil War
X-Men Apocalypse
Doctor Strange (November)

This year has been the worst so far.

Batman Vs Superman
Deadpool
Suicide Squad
Captain America Civil War
X-Men Apocalypse
Doctor Strange (November)

Not quote the same thing
Batman Vs Superman & Suicide Squad - Warner
Captain America and Doc Strange - Marvel/Disney
X-Men and Deadpool - Fox

I do think we will suffer from burnout, but this is multiple studios. Pixar has a higher grade of story telling and originality, comic movies have so much source material your just adapting a screen play rather than writing a new story.

Gary Oldman might have been a police commissioner, but he wasn't packing these guns

b-5.jpg

Justice League has a lot to make up for the dumpster fire that was Superman vs Batman :yuck::spitoutdummy::vomit:

Back