First iPhone 6 Sold In Australia Dropped On Live TV

can't fix stupid

Why would you buy a phone that costs a minimum of $700.00 and not buy a $10.00 case?

I wonder if it cracked. Had it been a iPhone 5S/5/4S/4 the back would've cracked but Apple finally famed to it's senses and stopped putting glass on the back.

I have an iPhone and I know already not to take it out of my pocket outside without having a firm grip on it.
Shaking, twisting and holding the box at an angle to open it outside was silly.

iPhones are attracted to concrete.

Poor guy, it looks like he opened it before and removed the stock film from the screen. Bad move.
At the end you can see him trying to scratch off the damage.

I do love the girl screaming SHIT!!!! in the background.

Would you put a case on a $20000 Rolex? Same principle.

Because a rolex is secured to your body :p

I wonder if it cracked. Had it been a iPhone 5S/5/4S/4 the back would've cracked but Apple finally famed to it's senses and stopped putting glass on the back.

The iPhone 5/5S didn't have a glass back. It was aluminum

I thought the glass back on the 4 was sexy. I had one for a while only broke it once and it was easy enough to replace put a new battery in there while it was open. The screen was the big breaker on the 5 my wife replaced 3 of them (the phone was always in a case) before switching to a Nokia.

It can't be that hard to open a damn phone box without dumping it on the pavement, but the guy did camp out for a phone so he can't be too smart.

I loved the ifixit i6P breakdown LOL what the heck were they using to open the screen from the body. Straight out of torture chamber tools inc.

Poor guy, it looks like he opened it before and removed the stock film from the screen. Bad move.
At the end you can see him trying to scratch off the damage.

I still have the screen protector that came with my phone 2 years ago, just snipped the pull tab on it. :)

All good, all good

Yep, Apple has your money, all is good.

I still have the screen protector that came with my phone 2 years ago, just snipped the pull tab on it. :)

hmmmm... that's actually a great idea. Don't have to worry about getting dust/lint/hair/air bubbles stuck under a 3rd party unit either. I may just do that.

1. The guy is a dumbass

2. the news lady should pay for his busted shit since she asked him to take it out of the box.

3. the guy is a dumbass.

Would you put a case on a $20000 Rolex? Same principle.

The only thing that makes the Rolex worth $20k is semi-precious/precious stones--the money doesn't help at all with the accuracy of the watch. Scratching my head over what makes an iPhone worth $700, though...;) (It's just a friggin' cell phone, difficult to believe people aren't bored silly by all of this repetitive i-Stuff by this time!)

1. The guy is a dumbass

2. the news lady should pay for his busted shit since she asked him to take it out of the box.

3. the guy is a dumbass.

#2. What? lol. I do agree with 1 and 3 though.

Dude wanted to be show the world how much of a douchebag he was. Succeeded in spades.

1. The guy is a dumbass

3. the guy is a dumbass.

I agree with 1 and 3 but the your logic in regards to 2 is ****ing hilarious.

Expensive way to get your moment on TV.

Still, I don't feel sorry for someone who would stand in line that long, and spend that much on a new phone with 2 year old features.

can't fix stupid

Why would you buy a phone that costs a minimum of $700.00 and not buy a $10.00 case?

Did you even watch the video? I guess not by your comments.

Pretty hard to put a case on a phone thats NEW IN THE BOX! :rolleyes:

The only thing that makes the Rolex worth $20k is semi-precious/precious stones--the money doesn't help at all with the accuracy of the watch. Scratching my head over what makes an iPhone worth $700, though...;) (It's just a friggin' cell phone, difficult to believe people aren't bored silly by all of this repetitive i-Stuff by this time!)

Pretty much any smart phone is over $500 unsubsidized. Technology isn't cheap. Even flip phones 10 years ago cost $400+ off contract.

1. The guy is a dumbass

3. the guy is a dumbass.

Yes he is

No not really..not her fault he's a dumbass.

All the electronics packed into an iPhone or any of the top tier phones and you don't know what makes them worth $700?:confused: This isn't terribly difficult to figure out.

I loved the ifixit i6P breakdown LOL what the heck were they using to open the screen from the body. Straight out of torture chamber tools inc.

It's just a suction cup attached to some kind of clamp or something? Most people just use a suction cup with a grip.

Yes he is

No not really..not her fault he's a dumbass.

All the electronics packed into an iPhone or any of the top tier phones and you don't know what makes them worth $700?:confused: This isn't terribly difficult to figure out.

Smart phones are pretty remarkable. However most are marked up ~250% from manufacturing costs. Other consumer electronics typically have a 15% - 30% markup. They cost $700 because that's simply what the market will bare. Eventually, once the market is saturated with "quality" smart phones, we will see the prices decrease.

Smart phones are pretty remarkable. However most are marked up ~250% from manufacturing costs. Other consumer electronics typically have a 15% - 30% markup. They cost $700 because that's simply what the market will bare. Eventually, once the market is saturated with "quality" smart phones, we will see the prices decrease.

Oh I know, but like I said in response to the guy who didn't understand why they were priced like that. Not terribly difficult to figure out.

hmmmm... that's actually a great idea. Don't have to worry about getting dust/lint/hair/air bubbles stuck under a 3rd party unit either. I may just do that.

Dont, the default screen protectors are ghetto. They will often form bubbles, they are very noticeable, and you are definitely aware of them while touching it. Just buy a $10 quality protector off amazon with 10000 reviews and be done with it.

Guy isnt a dumbass, he's clearly nervous, on live TV in front of a huge crowd and doesnt want to seem like some pussy who cant open a box, or some douche who refuses to, so he pulls it with all his might and of course sends the phone flying. Had he been at home I'm sure it wouldnt happen.

Guy isnt a dumbass, he's clearly nervous, on live TV in front of a huge crowd and doesnt want to seem like some pussy who cant open a box, or some douche who refuses to, so he pulls it with all his might and of course sends the phone flying. Had he been at home I'm sure it wouldnt happen.

I thought the same thing. There wasn't really anything "dumb" that he did and it looked more like an honest accident.

I can't believe Apple would design their packaging to allow something like that to happen. The guy didn't drop the box or anything odd. The phone just flipped out. Assuming that's how it is packages Apple screwed up. Clearly this is not the first time something like this has happened. Customers shouldn't have to know that coudl happen just from pull the cover off.

Also, if the screen cracked that is pretty pathetic. I've dropped my 2+ year old Galaxy Blaze 10+ times and it still hasn't cracked. If it cracks that easily then it seems clear Apple wants them to crack to make more money..

I can't believe Apple would design their packaging to allow something like that to happen. The guy didn't drop the box or anything odd. The phone just flipped out. Assuming that's how it is packages Apple screwed up. Clearly this is not the first time something like this has happened. Customers shouldn't have to know that coudl happen just from pull the cover off.

Also, if the screen cracked that is pretty pathetic. I've dropped my 2+ year old Galaxy Blaze 10+ times and it still hasn't cracked. If it cracks that easily then it seems clear Apple wants them to crack to make more money..

LOL. This post is too good.

Back