First Impressions on Burnout & GRAW

adamadekat

Gawd
I'm curious as to how people like the games...I'm interested because I was thinking of buying one or both of the games. Ups? Downs? Worth the money?

I know I'll be picking up BURNOUT tomorrow at lunchtime.

Can't wait for that shit!

IGN and GAMESPOT gave it good reviews.

Worth buying again? Well I think so. It's good to hear that Criterion Studios reworked the sound from the ground up, added higher polygon tracks and models, quintupled the particle system, and added a wicked Rival based online component.

From what I hear this game is the cat's meow. Fight night has been a good staple but I think this Burnout is going to rawk the sox.

I really want to go grab burnout, that game looks damn sweet! No impressions here yet, but I will comment as soon as I ge the game.

Lesman got spoofed (is that the right word? XD)

On topic:

My newphew tried out GRAW today. He was really anti-xbox 360...but he absolutely loved it...

Must be something special. ;)

whoa...

Holy crap...i was looking at buying burnout, but to warm up i played legends on my psp over the past few days, and honestly its getting kinda old. I skipped revenge but i played the HELL out of burnout 3 and so now im gonna go with ghost recon this week. Heh im trying to limit my xbox 360 game purchases to one per week this month- and honestly, its gonna be damn hard. We could have worse problems i guess :)

reviews i read said that burnout isn't worth getting if you've already played it before, and i beat the hell out of it on xbox so i decided to not get it, i'll wait for the next burnout or a $20 version maybe. But i did get ghost recon, even though i have not liked the style of the rainbow six games or old ghost recons. But i freakin love this one. I played through a few missions in single player and then got online with some friends and did a bunch of campaign missions on there, tons of fun. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who likes killing stuff.

edited for political correctness. I'm not racist by any means but that's all i've done in the SP campaign so far :p

JonnyK said:
reviews i read said that burnout isn't worth getting if you've already played it before, and i beat the hell out of it on xbox so i decided to not get it, i'll wait for the next burnout or a $20 version maybe. But i did get ghost recon, even though i have not liked the style of the rainbow six games or old ghost recons. But i freakin love this one. I played through a few missions in single player and then got online with some friends and did a bunch of campaign missions on there, tons of fun. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who likes killing.
Edited for you....think about it. ;)

Let me just say this ...

I showcased GRAW to 4 buddies last night. 4 buddies who quite honestly don't have a lot of knowledge about hardware, and how things work .. but bought into the Sony machine hype and SWORE they were waiting for the PS3 because, "The Xbox 1.5... isn't next gen."

After just a few minutes of playing, 3 of them said they're going to buy a 360 asap just for this game alone. One of them was emailing me today like, "DUDE HAVE YOU HEARD OF GEARS OF WAR?!?!?!! OMFG !!!" I lol'd. The remaining one guy, is too broke to buy one if he could so he just said that was utterly impressed that a game just a few months after the system launch looked this great.

GRAW is amazing, and very very fun to play. I'd personally give it a 9.2-9.5 .... rated a 'very' good game.

No trial on Burnout, but I've heard its great from many people.

Got Burnout and I am loving it. Played it for a couple hours tonight.

Dont have GRAW... wont for a while. Moneys tight, so next game is oblivian.

Nuzzles said:
Lesman got poofed (is that the right word? XD)

FTFY ;)

Poofing happens only to GenMay members generally in close encounters of the wrong kind with my boss. :D

Les has been a member less than a week, and has already made waves.

Ok guys, sorry about the threadjack, carry on.

Burnout is good, but more of the same. Of note, they use the horrible control scheme that's contrary to 20 years of racing games by using the trigger for the gas...and there's no way to change it. You'd think that with only 2-3 actual functions they'd let you map the controls.

I played GRAW in the store. Looked good, but the framerate was sluggish. They had CoD2 beside it running at the same time and I'd guess it was only getting 1/2 the frames that CoD was.

I went out and picked up GRAW today. Honestly, i'm just a tad bit disappointed. I guess that's partially because i'm not really into team based tactical shooters. I'm more into shooters like COD2 or Quake 4 where you don't have to worry about bossing people around, and planning so much strategy. I'm glad to see that the frame rates in 720p are rock solid for this game. I played about 2 hours today, and can say the frame rates never dropped below 30 during the entire time. I'm slightly disappointed in the graphics as the textures don't seem to be as detailed. Either they are using low detail textures at times, or there is some serious texture compression. The buildings just look a little washed out unless you are close to it, and the smoke and particle effects are not as well done as in other games. In COD2, everything just looked really good no matter how far away, although it's probably not as intensive as GRAW. The solid frame rates are what impresses me though, considering how much is going on.

However, multiplayer seems to be really where this game shines. I only spent a few minutes trying it out today, but there is so much you can do. The cooperative mode alone adds tons of replay value to this game after finishing the single player mode. I would say without a doubt that if you are into tactical shooters, I would recommend this game. I'm pretty sure some of my doubts will be erased once I have time to spend more than this playing the game(finals week is next week, so not for a while).

I picked up Burnout Revenge. I ahve never played a Burnout game before so the whole thing is new to me. I freaking loved it. I played for probably 3-4 hours last night. I couldn't put it down. I had a blast. The fun factor is great and I love the music.

This thread reminds me of the week Fear and Quake 4 were released.

I went with GRAW. I had the first one for xbox and I didn't mind it that much but this one is much different from that one. I played one level of single player which was fun, but then I hoped online and it made me fall in love with this game. Personnally if you like co-op shooters and have xbox live this is a must have for the 360.

I remember back for N64 that there was a multiplayer only game made for Turok. Makes me think game developers could do that again for the 360 and xbox live. Give me a game with out a single player campaign but killer co-op and multiplayer modes and I won't be complaining.

Just got home with GRAW in my possesion. They didn't have it out on the floor at BB, had to ask an "associate" for it. :rolleyes:

GRAW is a kick ass game, I picked it over Burnout. I'm a fan of tactical games and I like to be the boss :p The squadmate AI gets retarded at times and stands out in the open while you are behind cover and they will sometimes stay like that even if you order them to get the hell over.

The framerate takes a dive when the combat heats up though, especially during the battle when your in a parking garage protecting a VIP. One or two cars blew up and the flame effect just made it a slideshow.

Played GRAW online MP for about the last few hours.

All I can say is awesome. The Coop campaign mode is awesome, as is the team elim. :D

Two thumbs way up on GRAW from me.

Back