First full work day on Ryzen, have some questions

I did return it. I now have a i7-6800k and asus x-99 deluxe II motherboard. So far, runs well. We shall see

I am not blaming the CPU here. If anything, I am blaming the entire hardware set. I am making some assumptions, yes, but I know I would not have as many issues crop up if I simply bought intel. Example, I had to run a beta bios simply to clock my ram to its normal specs. I know its easy to blame operator error, and say my cooler must be installed incorrectly... however, nothing suggests that to be correct. All temps are in spec. Running my cooler in quiet mode.

I will try this. but I know i cannot go down that low. Using my work laptop, I max that much out in TOS easily, which is why i built this with 32gb ram. I have moved it down to 12gb

View attachment 25964
View attachment 25965
View attachment 25966

During cinebench and CPUID stress test, all cores were used, none were slowed down, and temps did not ego much over 46 degrees C.

You got a bad motherboard. Just as likely to happen on Intel platform as AMD. I have had a bad motherboard in the past and I have went through about 25 over the last 30 years of doing my own builds. Changing the platform is plain stupid for this particular issue, Changing the motherboard would have made more sense.

You got a bad motherboard. Just as likely to happen on Intel platform as AMD. I have had a bad motherboard in the past and I have went through about 25 over the last 30 years of doing my own builds. Changing the platform is plain stupid for this particular issue, Changing the motherboard would have made more sense.

well, its 70 miles to the nearest microcenter. So, when I got there, I decided that I would swap the whole platform. Was I wrong? I dont know. It cost me more to go X99 ($200 extrra for the mobo, i htink there was a deal on ryzen), but I know this platform will be stable. I got one of the top end motherboards for ryzen... i suppose i could have switched to an ASRock. I just wasnt about to drive 140 miles round trip to find out that i had motherboard issues again. There are way too many threads on mobo issues with ryzen. I will probably regret my decision in 6 months or so... afterall, I just replaced new tech with old.... but right now, my single core clock is much faster, and things just boot right up with no issues. I used to have much more time in my life for updatingf bios, messing with settings, etc.... these days, I just want it to work.

1. You futzed around with cooling.
2. You overclocked
3. You had issues

1+2 typically = 3

1. You futzed around with cooling.
2. You overclocked
3. You had issues

1+2 typically = 3

my temps were in spec. all my screen shots show that. I believe my cooling to be just fine. Could be wrong. Once again, doesnt matter at this point. Fixed the problem.

Thanks to all who contributed to this one. Maybe next time i'll stick it out :p

Last edited:
well, its 70 miles to the nearest microcenter. So, when I got there, I decided that I would swap the whole platform. Was I wrong? I dont know. It cost me more to go X99 ($200 extrra for the mobo, i htink there was a deal on ryzen), but I know this platform will be stable. I got one of the top end motherboards for ryzen... i suppose i could have switched to an ASRock. I just wasnt about to drive 140 miles round trip to find out that i had motherboard issues again. There are way too many threads on mobo issues with ryzen. I will probably regret my decision in 6 months or so... afterall, I just replaced new tech with old.... but right now, my single core clock is much faster, and things just boot right up with no issues. I used to have much more time in my life for updatingf bios, messing with settings, etc.... these days, I just want it to work.

What Ryzen motherboard did you purchase??

Nobody suggested to dump the corsair link software or check and see if his pump was plugged into the AIO header (issues)

I had the Asus ROG Crosshair 6 Hero. Upon returning it, i realized that I had only paid $139 dollars for it lol.

100i was not plugged into the AIO header.

Back