First Duke NukEm sucked Now RAGE sucks hard, What game is gonna suck next?

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
So what game thats on the Horizen that when its released is Gonna Suck [ H ] ard? I mean the next game that sucks on release has to be as Bad if not worse then Duke Nukem, RAGE, or BRINK. Let me know if i missed any POS titles.

Marcdaddy I see your posting quite a bit today due to the game not even starting for you...I'm not sure if this was said but if you are OC'ing have you set everything to default and tried it? Also I see you have a tri setup, have you tried to disable all but one card?

Ya i have, tried it all. No overclock, 1 card, im sure its a driver issue somewhere. Hell i even stood on my head when i started the game and it still wont boot.

gotta wait for the new amd drivers, the game basically doesnt work for amd users atm.

Applications don't "boot", they run. Go through your event log and figure out what's going on, instead of bitching on the forums.

Until PC becomes a priority we will never have a decent game. Expect a trashy game if its being released for the consoles at the same time. Expect sub-par half a$$ quality unless the pc is getting an exclusive. Games continually getting dumbed down made for the seriously impaired. Horrible game play while looking stunning in trailers and previews. Gaming is dieing. Games use to have depth and re-playability. Now i am stuck to playing older games pre2007. Its been years since we had a good game. The talent isn't there anymore. The people that make decisions on these games aren't even playing these games and aren't even gamers. These companies are just trying to pump out trash to make a quick buck at launch now. The games are getting worse. Gaming industry is loaded with intellect without creativity. The industry is in a decline because of poor quality games. We don't see those half-life's or battlefield 1942 or quake3 type games where they set the standard. No more innovation. Games that once had all the features before now in their sequels have less features than their predecessors of past. Games are getting dumber and slowed for the average skilled player(easy headshots & kills). Guns are spraying more rather than accurate so a noob can spray and pray. We are in a dark age for gaming. Might be years before we can recover. Almost like a depression of bad games.

I heard if you order the delux edition at the start of the game George Lucas actually reaches through the screen and punches you in the fucking face and while you're sitting there wondering why..

george-lucas.jpg

I have my doubts about Skyrim as well. I'm going to majorly pissed if Blizzard drops the ball on Diablo3....

I also see the same as everyone else.

Everything I've seen of Skyrim show me the same old Oblivion graphics, with what appears to be a terrible combat system. Really though the GFX just look horrible in Skyrim, bland like nothing else so far.

Diablo 3 was set to fail for years, Diablo 2 wasn't that great either. That's just my .02 though, I know many people enjoyed it but the first was vastly superior.

Dead Island was/and is still terrible. Skyrim won't be bad, but it's not gonna be the mega hit some people think. The next failure of a game will either be bf3 or diablo 3.

Just about all the games this year have sucked. Duke, BRINK, Dead Island, Rage. Let's hope it ends now.

Space Marine is pretty kick ass. BF3 looks to be a let down after playing the Beta, not a sucky game per say but not as good as everyone made it out to be.

Amazing that just because a company that produces gameplay that amounts to the same same stuff they've released in the past, it means that it sucks. If Rage sucks, then so does Quake and Doom. Maybe people have obviously matured past simple run and run games of the past but I'd say just enjoy it for it is. And this applies to DNF as well. Theres still many people that enjoy games like Serious Sam, so how is this different? I think maybe with the devopment time, people are expecting too much from ID, such as a game with decent story or RPG elements. This ID, not Bethesda or Bioware.

Neither Rage or DNF have promised to be something that its not. Rage may look a bit like Borderlands on the surface, but its a simple fps games at the core, and I thought most people would have made that same assumption with all the vids of Rage we've seen over the years..

Last edited:
mkygod:

A lot of games are being released VERY badly broken. Which for most people involves "install/boot up, good premise, but I cannot make it past certain game breaking bugs/gameplay decisions > never trying to play again".

First impressions are the most important.

Take Dead Island as an example, it didn't live up to the hype no, but for those of us who have had a flawless game experience thus far we've had a lot of fun with it none-the-less.

Rage has had some serious gameplay issues, aside from being terribly boring thus far it makes it hard to even want to play the game anymore.

Skyrim looks bland, the gfx look more or less like Fallout NV with trees/snow/mountains and a lot more vegetation models. The textures so far have been less than stellar and you know why? It's consolised, the PC version will suffer due to this limitation as always. Skyrim also looks to be suffering from "dumbed down for ADD kids"-itis. The actually player interaction seems boring and unsatisfying. Everything I have seen from it has steered me AWAY from the game instead of getting me excited for it. I was a day one Arena player though, so my vision of TES games is skewed.

Morrowind was the best "casual friendly" implementation of the TES games thus far, this stemmed from being designed for PC's and then ported to consoles. Most games following this pattern tend to do a little better over-all. Just like games that are designed strictly for consoles tend to do well. A solid focus on one system allows designers to focus on the important things.

I understand the need to focus on consoles, it's a HUGE market.

Dead Island was/and is still terrible. Skyrim won't be bad, but it's not gonna be the mega hit some people think. The next failure of a game will either be bf3 or diablo 3.

People were bitching about BF2 back in 2005, "I can't play it because of the bugs", yada yada yada.

Buggy 1.00 versions are a fact of life of PC gaming. Always has been. Only the severity of the roughness changes. They'll patch the bugs out. Should've waited till you read the reviews before buying/playing.

People were bitching about BF2 back in 2005, "I can't play it because of the bugs", yada yada yada.

Buggy 1.00 versions are a fact of life of PC gaming. Always has been. Only the severity of the roughness changes. They'll patch the bugs out. Should've waited till you read the reviews before buying/playing.

If we all waited for reviews/other peoples input no-one would be playing and those bugs would never be found.

Waiting isn't always in the cards.

Consoles. Since oblivion consoles have been their primary focus since morrowind did so well.

i actually enjoyed brink.. probably because i got it for free as a gift but still is no where near as bad a Duke, havent played RAGE yet and may not, BF3 beta blows too just saying

Just about all the games this year have sucked. Duke, BRINK, Dead Island, Rage. Let's hope it ends now.

Is Dead Island that bad? It looked respectable in some of the video gameplay footages I saw off youtube. Even if it's simple but a little fun, I'll take it, I could use anything to get some use out of my dual 6950's.

gotta wait for the new amd drivers, the game basically doesnt work for amd users atm.

Rubbish.

It works for me and I'm using a 5970, it just has horrible texture pop in and artifacts, something both Nvidia and AMD are getting.

On what basis?

On the basis that Skyrim is being created as a console game, PC comes second which means unoptimized textures/plenty of bugs/consolish combat/controls/DLC garbage/and brain dead easy gameplay. It will be what RAGE was for the fps genre, to the RPG genre.

From the way that things are going the PC market is going to be heavily based off of indie devs/small small companies/ and the big two (Blizzard/Valve).

Hard Reset was fun and looked good on the PC. It was a little on the short side (ok a lot), but I really enjoyed it. Best PC game so far for me though is Portal 2 and my son loves The Witcher 2 which I liked as well on the PC. Don't hold out much hope for the rest of the year though and Rage bites the big weenie!

On the basis that Skyrim is being created as a console game, .

graphically it won't set the world on fire, but both FO3 and Vegas are good games despite the console focus, and Vegas can be a tactical shooter if you max the difficulty, that's pretty good going these days+the Vegas texture pack makes quite a difference.

Obviously if Skyrim combat on PC sux hard, then the whole thing might suck, but we don't know this yet, and using baseball bats and the like work well enough in FO3+vegas.

Given how bad many of this yrs games are, it won't be a great feat to take GOTY, but Skyrim's set to take the title, and depending on a number of things, could easily be a game that has replayability=2-500hrs gametime.

Whenever I see doom and gloom posts about pc gaming these days, my mind goes straight to The Witcher 2. It could be argued that some of the design decisions in it were made with consoles in mind. It's still a friggen masterpiece on the PC, and if you guys don't like where the rest of the industry is going, I hope you jumped at the opportunity to vote with your wallet on that game.

I hear DE:HR is pretty awesome too, but I haven't picked it up yet because of lack of funds.

Duke Nukem was a let down, Crysis 2 was a let down, RAGE was a let down, I'm not too keen on the BF3 beta so far really hate the detached server browser, really the only game I've been impressed with this year so far is Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Deus Ex is definitely the best new game I've played this year.
It's been that or the Mech Warrior Crysis mod, this is pretty depressing. The game makers dont know how to make games anymore.

Deus Ex is definitely the best new game I've played this year.
It's been that or the Mech Warrior Crysis mod, this is pretty depressing. The game makers dont know how to make games anymore.

The main problem is that most big game devs are way more focused on showing off their new pretty game engine vs caring about gameplay while recycling whatever engine that they're using while adding only a few extra graphical tid bits. I'll use Valve as an example of a dev that makes good games. They've been using the same engine for 7 years now and only add in a few new graphical effects with each new game while primarily focusing on what makes a game a good game (good game play).

Hell, The battlefield devs didn't even need to make a new engine that's a successor to the BFBC2 engine. They could have even of re used the BF2 engine and focused on introducing exciting innovative gameplay and added only a few new graphical features and that would make it a way better game in my book vs the direction that they and a lot of devs are going.

The main problem is that most big game devs are way more focused on showing off their new pretty game engine vs caring about gameplay while recycling whatever engine that they're using while adding only a few extra graphical tid bits. I'll use Valve as an example of a dev that makes good games. They've been using the same engine for 7 years now and only add in a few new graphical effects with each new game while primarily focusing on what makes a game a good game (good game play).

Hell, The battlefield devs didn't even need to make a new engine that's a successor to the BFBC2 engine. They could have even of re used the BF2 engine and focused on introducing exciting innovative gameplay and added only a few new graphical features and that would make it a way better game in my book vs the direction that they and a lot of devs are going.

You do realize that when they don't focus on new technology and the engine you have the same vocal complaints about them not doing so? This happened with DXHR, and even with Valve's "immunity aura" it still happens to them.

What has basically happened with the growth of the internet is that literally every opinion has a strong vocal contingent that can express itself and does.

If there is one thing I have noticed, a lot of games recently have been failing [H]ard. We must have entered the era of Fail[H]ard games.

both FO3 and Vegas are good games because of the Modders.
FTFY

with out Mods Like FWE for Fallout 3 and Project Nevada (or your overhaul of choice) for New Vegas both of those games would be off my system right now. bethesda lost the plot with oblivion. todd howard and company are running headlong in to ground.

Back