First Crysis 3 Screenshots Revealed

Hopefully they'll listen to all the complaints from Crysis 2 and....never mind it'll be a shitty console port.

Everything looks amazing with 4x Super-sampling AA. However, you can't actually play the game that way, so who cares?

Ya will we get AA in this game or some BS they call in game Ass Renderung Technology

I HATED Crysis 2 when it first came out, but I reinstalled it yesterday to give it another chance... second impressions are positive so far... maybe I'm just that desperate for an SP shooter, but so far... its entertaining enough...

Great news. But I am not following why would a stat of the art nano suit would require a conmpund bow? Is that much superior to an assasult rifle equipped with a silencer? Or are we doing Rambo first blood with a nanosuit now?

They probably have a reason for it. Or maybe they don't. Maybe the aliens are attracted to infrared signals so firing a gun, even with a silencer, would draw them all to your position. Maybe Prophet is simply an archery enthusiast :p

something tells me the use of the bow is gonna center around the aliens having great hearing or some BS like that, and the bow being used when absolute stealth is required or desired.

Maybe, but the excuse I gave of the aliens being heat sensitive or having heat sensitive tracking (which isn't a bad excuse given all their ice weapons) would be a much more logical reason to employ the bow and arrow. :p

Come on guys, this is Crytek. They will give some half-assed reason, it won't make any sense, and you'll proceed to shoot stuff anyway.

I think this looks sweet after reviewing the trailer. Overall, I like the more mature play style of Crysis 1 the most but I also appreciate the more frenetic, Halo/COD style of Crysis 2 and I'm just glad this is coming to PC. It is just a good solid sci-fi shooter franchise at this point.

This is going to be the Crysis: Warhead of Crysis 2 i guess... reused assets/aliens gameplay looks about the same. I think EA has infected crytek with its cancer.

This is going to be the Crysis: Warhead of Crysis 2 i guess... reused assets/aliens gameplay looks about the same. I think EA has infected crytek with its cancer.

Crytek is still independent, EA is just the publisher

I'm REALLY hoping they get back to Crysis 1 level of dedicated to graphics and overall gameplay. I think we can all agree Crysis 2 was a console cop-out to the Halo crowd. It would be really nice to see AAA development dedication to the PC version again.

Honestly I've never understood why Crytek didn't actually use the engines they've spent so much time making to actually make more games. They've put together both cryengine 2 and cryengine 3 which seem to be awesome for quickly throwing in assets to create levels and modders have used to good effect to create some impressive worlds, yet all they've done themselves with them is produce 3 games over the course of about 5 years, not including the time they might have been developing the engine between Far Cry's release and when they announced Crysis.

I'm disappointed we haven't seen a dozen cryengine games yet, both from Crytek and from other developers.

Crysis = shitty game with graphics that set the bar for years to come

Crysis 2 = REALLY shitty game with mediocre graphics

Considering they keep getting worse, I'm not keeping my hopes up. Only benefit I've gotten from Crysis so far is MW:LL

Crysis 2 still had above average graphics and scaled extremely well to mid ranged hardware. There are few games that look as good on a GTX460.

Crysis = shitty game with graphics that set the bar for years to come

Considering they keep getting worse, I'm not keeping my hopes up. Only benefit I've gotten from Crysis so far is MW:LL

uh what. Crysis 2 wasn't a generational leap and bound like the first game, but it was still easily hanging with the best looking titles... and the engine was considerably refined. Crysis 2 cruised along at a smooth 60 fps for me, for nearly the entire game. It ran incredibly well for how good it looked imo.

uh what. Crysis 2 wasn't a generational leap and bound like the first game, but it was still easily hanging with the best looking titles... and the engine was considerably refined. Crysis 2 cruised along at a smooth 60 fps for me, for nearly the entire game. It ran incredibly well for how good it looked imo.
Hard to convince someone who is arguing from a biased viewpoint. If you go into Crysis 2 angry you are going to convince yourself the game sucks without even giving it a shot.

But yeah, you are absolutely right. The game looked on part with the original after the DX11 and texture patches and it ran twice as well. They optimized the hell out of that engine, though the people (who complained about the first game being "poorly coded") won't give it the time of day to realize that.

Are those "aliens" or "insect/robots"?

I agree crysis 2 wasn't as big of a leap in graphics as crysis... but I'm always surprised people are surprised by this. Each generation will make smaller and smaller leaps, that's just how it is. Maybe a big leap one generation, maybe a relatively smaller one the next, but all-in-all the leaps get smaller as we approach photorealism. Stop complaining about it, it's just how the technology evolves, geez...

I will say, the environments in this trailer look more interesting then anything I've seen from crytek. Of course, it could just be the 1 or 2 good ones out of 100 generic ones. BUT, like any game, I'll reserve judgement on the game until it comes out.

Back