First build where budget isn’t everything.

shmitty

Gawd
Mild gaming rig some overclocking 2kish budget. Shipped items only 2 hours to anything. Buying now. All new looking at 1440p monitors. Motherboard needs to have all the frills I can swing in my budget. A couple m.2 slots, raid capabilities, water cooling in the future. Live rural will never have the greatest Internet but I game at 30ms so it’s adequate.
I think I’ll like the lights so piss off. I’ve already ordered some items psu, case, video card but can cancel. Inventory is all over the place. I’m set on that case and I really want to stick with the white theme.
Budget excludes monitor and os which my wife can get through the local college.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/z7hxK4

Last edited:
Looks pretty good, but I have a couple suggestions.

Firstly, if you're not going to OC, you can use the stock heatsink on the Ryzen 3700X. If you're getting the ARCTIC because it's white, that's fine, just wanted to make sure you knew the 3700X stock cooler is both capable and very RGB.

Secondly, and my only true nitpick, your RAM choice is suspect. Not the RAM itself; it's fine. The suspect part is getting 4 sticks of 8 rather than 2 sticks of 16. Not only are you paying more, but 16GB sticks will hold their value longer than 8GB sticks and you'll be able to upgrade to more later on without throwing memory away. I run this exact kit on my 3700X and it's great - https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232861. In fact, that kit is slightly better than yours even for performance because it's DDR4 3600 CL16 instead of CL18.

I actually started w/ the 2 x16 but i really want all 4 slots full.. silly I know. Thank you for the input. I'll check out bother coolers. I will OC some.

I would agree with the memory comment. You could consider this kit with dummy sticks or some other memory with the dummy sticks. However, tehre is a cost involved. It would save you some moneyhy in the long run as you don't really need 32gb at the moment.

https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-320...ords=gigabyte+Aorus+ram&qid=1590981970&sr=8-3

I would also comment on the use of an AMD graphics card. They have had lots of issues recently. I know they are "supposed" to be fixed. But, there is not a lot of real world testingo on that yet. I would consider an NVIDIA card. As long you as you are aware of the troubles that AMD has had with those cards recently, an are willing to roll the dice a bit, there is nothing wrong with that card.

Just offering some thoughts. Good looking system.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Why do you have 21 fans? Those are triple packs you have added. Are you building an airplane? :p

Not sure why you wouldn't want a gold rated psu but whatevs. I'm doing a similar build so have fun with it.

I wanted gold rated, I had a hard time finding a 600+ watt power supply in stock that wasn’t ridiculously priced.

Back