First AMD build since thunderbird days

Putz

I have a custom title
Finally went team red, last AMD system was a thunderbird and k6-2 before that, no complaints so far coming from a 9900k, although memory tweaking is a bit of a pain and learning curve all over again

Ryzen 9 5950x, Asus TUF RTX 3080, 32GB corsair, x570 ROG Strix, Lian Li 011 Dynamic, Corsair 850w

have yet to get fclock speeds up to the hyped up 2000 but perhaps with a newer bios.

Local store only received 2 5950x cpus on release day and a single 5900x, first guy in the door got the 5900x and half the lineup left guess I got lucky on the CPU and GPU on release days

IMG_2227.jpg

tweaked161616bestcachemem.png

Gratz on the new build. You so lucked out on the 5950x, and ya got a 3080 too. I'm so jelly.

Congrats on the build and especially on being able to acquire all those rare components, hehe.

How do you like the Rog Strix board? Any issues? I'm contemplating in switching out boards due to the potential issue the board I have is known for. Wanting to jump over to an Asus board.

Congrats on the build and especially on being able to acquire all those rare components, hehe.

How do you like the Rog Strix board? Any issues? I'm contemplating in switching out boards due to the potential issue the board I have is known for. Wanting to jump over to an Asus board.

The strix-e is a good all around board same vrm setup as the crosshairs. However if you like tweaking and overclocking the actual crosshair boards have vrm monitoring and deeper bios overclock control. Though the strix-e does have two temp sensor inputs like the crosshairs but the strix-f does not.

no complaints on the mobo, i have a feeling the infinity fabric clocks might get better with a bios or maybe its the cpu, but still happy where ive got it

actually one complaint, the m.2 heatsink covers are a pain in the ass, would prefer to either the ability to use my own or at the very least not require the chipset cover to need to be removed to take them off, but thats minor

Last edited:
The strix-e is a good all around board same vrm setup as the crosshairs. However if you like tweaking and overclocking the actual crosshair boards have vrm monitoring and deeper bios overclock control. Though the strix-e does have two temp sensor inputs like the crosshairs but the strix-f does not.
Nice. Thanks for this. I was comparing the Strix -E versus Crosshair 8. I am not holding my breath for Dark Hero although that's ideal but not at the $$$.

Back