First AMD build in a long time, need some feedback

ncantador

Gawd
Hey guys,

Now that 64bit windows is officially making its debut I'm thinking about building an A64 rig. I wanted to build it around the ECS KN1 Extreme, since it seems like a feature packed board and is getting good reviews. Does anyone have any experience with this board. I don't mind going with a top tier mobo house (Abit, Asus, MSI) but I am really curious about this boards performace, and overclocking ability. Any info is appreciated.

I have the ECS KN1 board. The first one I ordered from Newegg was DOA, but the second one works fine. The package is decent, includes all the cables including SATA you'd ever need. There are also a bunch of USB and IEEE 1394 connections on board. I haven't been able to get the Nvidia gigabyte lan to see my network (it finds my cable modem, just not my other PCs), so I've been using the Realtek nic with no problems. Note, the board is pretty loud. The two fans run at high RPM all the time. If you want a silent PC, this is not the board for you. I'm running an AMD 64 3000+

Back