First All-Plastic Printed Gun Available in Two Weeks

Surely, you jest?

Gonna be hard to do. As long as lathes, CNC mills, rotary tools are still game, all is good.

People who are knowledgeable about firearms and machining know that, the problem, is the people who enact our laws, are the ones who usually have the least amount of knowledge about the subject they are regulating.

And then there are the lawmakers who will jump on any chance to create a panic to attempt to regulate guns out of existence and openly discuss the fact that they do so. I can just see one of the leftwing politicians standing in front of a camera on CNN frothing at the mouth, "Any Terrorist can buy one of these printer thingies and push a button and produce a torrent of weapons of war! something must be done!" Yeah. :rolleyes:

You got to like how just as 3d printing is becoming more common the first thought someone had was "let's make weapons with it!"

For the amount of money and time you'd spend on a decent 3d printer capable of doing this without a ton of finishing work, materials, and setup, it'd probably be cheaper to buy a gun on the street.

The only people with these will be neckbeard sperglords, and they'll probably be too busy practicing with their bat'leths to learn how to shoot.

^^^ This ^^^

the article lists that the only metal part will be the firing pin. The article also says the pistol will only be good for a few shots.

Seems to doable to me.

It is a freaking hand grenade not a gun. Only a idiot would shoot it.

The gun are illegal, as the article states, thanks to King Reagan's act in 1988.

I bet the amount of effort taken to do this would have equalled the amount of technical ability to actrually machine one by hand.

3-D printing is great for prototyping. It sucks at mass production.

The speculators are trying to pump the market. None of this shit is new, or news.

But right now, you can GET RICH QUICK, by investing in hype. It's Bitcoin + Lithium + penny stocks

Why do people think this will use 'normal' ammo ?
Heck, they could use 2.34mm caliber ammunition, the same kind used with the world's smallest gun that is banned...

Heck, they could even make it smaller caliber ammo than that...They never said it will be powerful.

There was a video recently about how a bunch of afghanis make guns with crude handtools that last much longer than a 3d printed gun that requires a 20K machines to make. Of course that won't stop political parasites from wanting to ban the technology (and likely from both sides of the aisle).

I've seen that. The best though is Danao Philippines. Illegal gun making is the cities biggest industry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fna9WEO6BjE Plenty of other videos to if you look.

It's going to be pretty funny when this guy loses his hand. He can't make an AR lower that stands up to recoil, a pistol chamber made of printed ABS is basically a hand grenade with an instant fuse.

The gun are illegal, as the article states, thanks to King Reagan's act in 1988.
IF the firearm were manufactured using ABS plastic as mentioned in the article, it would likely be considered illegal. However, if it were manufactured using that 3D printing process which uses lasers and metal powder, it would not be illegal. The question is, can the file itself be outlawed as a result of the possibility that it could be used illegally?

Some guy made parts of an AK-47 out of a freaking shovel.

I saw a Vietnam war trophy in a gun shop.

It was a 1911 .45 ACP.

No rifling in the barrel, no sights, no backstrap safety, etc.

It was made with hand tools, mostly a file. No mill or lathe marks on it.

Taken off a NVA officer.

The owner said after looking at it, he decided not to test fire it.

You can make gunpower the original western way, with lots of pee.

Lol, although i am desperate for a firearm, i am not that desperate :)

I can just imagine firing a homemade piss bullet in a plastic gun, thing will blow up and cover me in a stinky ass ammonia smell and the k-9 unit will easily trace me :(

Lol, although i am desperate for a firearm, i am not that desperate :)

I can just imagine firing a homemade piss bullet in a plastic gun, thing will blow up and cover me in a stinky ass ammonia smell and the k-9 unit will easily trace me :(

To then sniff me and then cock their back leg and give some more of their loving.

Damn missing edit button.

There was a video recently about how a bunch of afghanis make guns with crude handtools that last much longer than a 3d printed gun that requires a 20K machines to make. Of course that won't stop political parasites from wanting to ban the technology (and likely from both sides of the aisle).

I think to legislate this technology harshly today is stupid, but if 3d printing gets cheap and easy enough, it could very well become an issue.

Yea i saw that, its a town in pakistan, an actual town where every shop is gunsmith making practically any type of weapon possible using not but their hands.

It was on one of those around the world programs with Michael Palin.

Thats probably where the majority of insurgents firearms in afghanistan are coming from.

This isnt the one i saw on tv but her is a small video showing what its like.

http://www.vice.com/the-vice-guide-to-travel/the-gun-markets-of-pakistan

Look at a flare gun.

I believe a flare gun is actually firing a rocket, So to extrapolate on low pressure ammunition, what you need is gyrojet.

"Gyrojets fire small rockets called Microjets which have little recoil and do not require a heavy barrel to resist the pressure of the combustion gases. Velocity on leaving the tube was very low, but increased to around 1,250 feet per second (380 m/s) at 30 feet (9.1 m). The result is a very lightweight weapon"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrojet

For the amount of money and time you'd spend on a decent 3d printer capable of doing this without a ton of finishing work, materials, and setup, it'd probably be cheaper to buy a gun on the street.

The only people with these will be neckbeard sperglords, and they'll probably be too busy practicing with their bat'leths to learn how to shoot.

Dammit, my sperglord-ness has been outed!!!

Back