First AIO ever, What's Proper AIO mounting/orientation?

I agree check your tim application. I was able to maintain a 3-6c spread on my Xeon. Instead of a blob in the middle, put a line down the cores. and when you plant the cooler back on, give it a titty twister to the left and right a few degrees and then clamp her down.
I like to make a thin X and a bead in the centre and then twist like mentioned. Always twist!

maybe the pre-applied that covers the whole block would have been just fine...
make sure all the screws are bottomed out for even pressure.

maybe the pre-applied that covers the whole block would have been just fine...
make sure all the screws are bottomed out for even pressure.
I like to make a thin X and a bead in the centre and then twist like mentioned. Always twist!

pendragon1 Yeah I just was trying to do what was best. To get any little further drop that I coul. Here are my temps with Cinebench:

tempdifferentials.PNG

Look at the huge disparity in temps

It doesn’t look horrible to me.. my 3770K was in the 90s with Linpack at only 4700. That was just a quad core.. you have 10 cores of maximum fury lol. Good thing you have that fill port! 😄

Still pretty sweet man. I have never been able to run a cpu at 5GHz. Believe me I tried.. so with that.. I say enjoy!

remount and add more paste. no such thing as too much, except for a mess....
also, is that with max pump and fan speeds?
Pump was at 80 and fans at 60. moving it up didn't make a difference. Unless my motherboard is just terribe or I don't know how to set it up. I have a Z490 Taichi. I ran out of thermal grizzly and remounted with the EK paste the block came with. Not better at all. In fact temps are now worse. Maybe my ambiet went up not sure. But temps are now worse

tempdifferentials1.PNG

Yeah if this continues, I think I'm just gonnna slap on a DH-15 and call it a day. These 3 fans are loud even at 60% pushing air through the rad to exhaust. I like how easy it is to unmount and remount and the clearance around your CPU you get but these teamps are worse than my NH-14s and I get more noise. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but this just won't work.

Only thing left to try is front mounting the cooler but thats even more hassle. Does front mounting make a bgi differnce as opposed to top mounting

Pump was at 80 and fans at 60. moving it up didn't make a difference. Unless my motherboard is just terribe or I don't know how to set it up. I have a Z490 Taichi. I ran out of thermal grizzly and remounted with the EK paste the block came with. Not better at all. In fact temps are now worse. Maybe my ambiet went up not sure. But temps are now worse

View attachment 319111
bump the pump/fan speeds to 100%, then remount again if still high. grizzly is not that much better than eks paste.

I didn't have any issues with front mount, but It was a little unconventional..

View attachment 319136
that works. ived mounted them hanging by the fan tucked into the 5.25 bays before....

bump the pump/fan speeds to 100%, then remount again if still high. grizzly is not that much better than eks paste.

that works. ived mounted them hanging by the fan tucked into the 5.25 bays before....
That's exactly what I did, after I cut the front of the steel chassis out to make room for my fans.. I hung it with zipties and it was ghetto AF.. ahh sweet memories.

Interesting, would of thought top right could end up with some bubbles in the top bend, but i guess there is enough water flow through it you wont get much accumulating there.....
The air pools at the top of the radiator and since the in/out tubes are at the bottom the pump never draws the air into the loop again (I assume since air is less dense than water if you're asking the physics behind it).

View attachment 319111
Seems like you are giving the CPU too much volts, have you tried lowering volts to a reasonable level like 1.275-1.3 v. Should also consider delidding as that will give you a ~10C diff or thereabouts.
Also double check temps on different programs. I recently learnt that CPU HW Monitor and HWInfo gave 3-4 C higher temps on Ryzen than Ryzen Master. I haven't used Core Temp in ages but last time I used it a few years ago it was reporting temps on my 8086K wrong (was later updated to be fixed).

On a side note: will never buy an EK AIO product after the crap support I had to deal with their EK Predator AIO series. :rolleyes:

I run mine either top of case, or if on the front or rear of the case i run the rad upside down

Seems like you are giving the CPU too much volts, have you tried lowering volts to a reasonable level like 1.275-1.3 v. Should also consider delidding as that will give you a ~10C diff or thereabouts.
Also double check temps on different programs. I recently learnt that CPU HW Monitor and HWInfo gave 3-4 C higher temps on Ryzen than Ryzen Master. I haven't used Core Temp in ages but last time I used it a few years ago it was reporting temps on my 8086K wrong (was later updated to be fixed).

On a side note: will never buy an EK AIO product after the crap support I had to deal with their EK Predator AIO series. :rolleyes:
COnsidering that my Noctua Air Coolers give me better temps than the EK AIO, and the fact that I cannot use lower voltages to achieve a stable OC at 5.0Ghz, I decided to stick with air and return the AIO KickAssCop

lol good choice. I will never buy an EK product again (except maybe a GPU block).

I had a similar issue with my 8086K where I had to give 1.32 volts for stability whereas I could run 4.9 at 1.26 volts. Given the 10C diff in temps I stuck with 4.9 for its life and 5.0 for benches and e Pen0s marks.

Back