First 5G powered internet of things tattoo

scojer

[H]F Junkie
This could have been done using two cups and string:

1BF1E928-79B1-43CB-9B66-581487A29F91.png

dont really see how this is because of 5g, the robot could have just been on a wifi network

Sounds like they're promoting 5G, but as far as I'm concerned the technology isn't usable due to needing line of sight with the tower.

Sounds like they're promoting 5G, but as far as I'm concerned the technology isn't usable due to needing line of sight with the tower.

You're thinking of mmWave 5G, (High band) which can be impacted by practically anything blocking the signal, from walls to your hand.
Then they have Mid band, and Low band.

Low band is what 4G is on, so low band 5G penetrates buildings/trees/etc.
With the better coverage though, you lack the same high speed, but isn't impacted by your hand.
Mid band is obviously in between both, and doesn't travel as far as low band, and isn't as fast as high band, and isn't impacted by your hand.

One of many sources (USA 5G)
Relevant carrier's 5G site (Deutsche Telekom)

You're thinking of mmWave 5G, (High band) which can be impacted by practically anything blocking the signal, from walls to your hand.
Then they have Mid band, and Low band.

Low band is what 4G is on, so low band 5G penetrates buildings/trees/etc.
With the better coverage though, you lack the same high speed, but isn't impacted by your hand.
Mid band is obviously in between both, and doesn't travel as far as low band, and isn't as fast as high band, and isn't impacted by your hand.

One of many sources (USA 5G)
Relevant carrier's 5G site (Deutsche Telekom)
Are there any tests on the differences?

Yes there is. Google is your friend, off you go, read up on it!
Doesn't look faster than 4G. Kinda silly when you can walk down a road and lose the connection so easily. Why not just use wifi instead?

Good thing they didn't hit their data cap part-way through.

Would have been extra awesome if the tattoo robot would have inked the "buffering...63%" message.

Next up: 5G IoT toilets :ROFLMAO:

I must say that is fairly cool tech. Entertaining and intriguing to watch.

The Internet of Toilets is a future for which I have mixed feelings. :)

Similar companies have A Great Idea, but then do the worst/cheapest implementation possible, and only call in experts once caught with horrendous security holes. I have concerns that's not the best path overall. It certainly sours the idea in my mind, to the point where I - as a pretty competent tech person - just have all dumb devices in my own home.

Tech is cool sometimes, but lordy, the implementations are often a dog's breakfast of quality.

I must say that is fairly cool tech. Entertaining and intriguing to watch.

That brings a whole fresh and unwanted meaning to the phrase Internet of Shit.

Best to forget the idea before some VC comes up with the idea of FaaS (Flushing as a Service.)

Back