Firingsquad on Xbox 360

DukenukemX

Supreme [H]ardness
I just love it when they give their opinions on this stuff.

http://firingsquad.com/features/xbox_360_six_months_later/

My favorite quote.
Too early to say. The ramp-up for companies such as Ubisoft and EA seems to be progressing very nicely. The developers we’ve talked to are very happy about Microsoft’s development tools, however there have been concerns made about the CPU choice and the relatively poor branching performance. At GDC ’06, Microsoft began a more concerted effort to push XNA and I believe that we will see the fruits of these efforts at next year’s E3. What does concern me is that we've yet to see a high-shader-complexity game running at 60 fps.

Yea it does suck that we have gone an entire...oh...6 months already without seeing some third generation quality titles. Microsoft really screwed up on this one :rolleyes: .

I don't really respect the opinions of Firingsquad anymore, as I just don't agree with anything they write. It almost seems like they are being too close minded at times. It's fine for people like you and me to be close minded, but it's a totally different affair for those involved in journalism.

junehhan said:
It's fine for people like you and me to be close minded, but it's a totally different affair for those involved in journalism.
Welcome to the world of computer hardware journalists.

I found the "top 10" list of criticisms to be pretty nit-picky. They made some good points about the state of games and development on the console, though.

Khantrah said:
I found the "top 10" list of criticisms to be pretty nit-picky. They made some good points about the state of games and development on the console, though.

Yeah the DVD playback quality one was the only one that struck a chord with me, I was/am pretty shocked at how sucky it is considering the supposedly cutting edge graphics power available and the media centre aspirations.

On the general gaming thing:

Time to create a decent game = 2+ years.
Time that final hardware sdk has been available to developers = 1 year.
Socks blown off = E3 2007.

MartinX said:
Yeah the DVD playback quality one was the only one that struck a chord with me, I was/am pretty shocked at how sucky it is considering the supposedly cutting edge graphics power available and the media centre aspirations.

On the general gaming thing:

Time to create a decent game = 2+ years.
Time that final hardware sdk has been available to developers = 1 year.
Socks blown off = E3 2007.
You hit the nail straight on the head. Couldn't agree with you more. Some people just need to understand that, ya know, this whole "next gen" hoopla has JUST BEGUN! They act like the 360 has been out for 6 years and no games have come out for it.. :rolleyes:
Sheesh!

dotK said:
Welcome to the world of computer hardware journalists.

That's seems to be a disease affecting journalists in general. There is a reason I no longer watch the network news programs, as i'm sick of hearing only one side of the story. I'm sick of being told what i'm supposed to believe, like i'm too stupid to make up my own mind. For the hardware guys, whether it's tomshardware, anandtech, firingsquad, they are all the same to me. I tend to like Teamxbox though, because they don't claim to be unbiased, and I happen to be an Xbox fan. HardOCP guys are cool too, because they try to be as fair as possible.

Back