Fireworks or Photoshop?

iKwak

Weaksauce
I would like to learn either one of the software to build experience.
Looking at the education price for each license, Fireworks is much lower compared to Photoshops...which is a PLUS.

I understand Photoshop is the leader in image editing but Fireworks can do what Photoshop does, right? :confused:
Which would you personally recommend out of the two? And why?
I doubt I have time to learn both program and once I start, I would like to remain with that program.

I'd choose Photoshop over Fireworks. However, if you're doing alot of work in Flash, I'd suggest learning Fireworks as well.

Fireworks has some limitations compared to Photoshop. Hence, it's position as the best image editing solution.

Originally posted by iKwak
Fireworks can do what Photoshop does, right? :confused:

Not even close. Fireworks is similar to Image Ready, it's for interactive web graphics(rollovers, buttons, pop-up menus).

Photoshop comes with Image Ready, so you wont need Fireworks.

i like em both and use both of them. yes photoshop is better, but i also think that fireworks is an awesome program.

Another vote for photoshop, as far as the Fireworks Vs. Imageready, i like Fireworks better, it seems to be a bit more logical to me. But the two applications are very similiar.

photoshop all the way because it comes with image ready to, and it can do the stuff fireworks does better in my opinion

if you take a course in graphics design, you will find that once you complete it, there are no actual jobs avaliable...

A while back, Graphics Designing became VERY popular, so everyone took a course, and jumped into it.

But nowadays all those jobs are filled, nobody is looking for a graphics artist anymore...:(

Back