Firefox: Whenever I open a sidebar thing, Task Manager closes and re-opens inside FF.

Undercover_Man

[H]ard Surgeon
So say I have the Task Manager and Firefox running. I click on History or Bookmarks, whatever opens the sidebar thing, and Windows shifts focus from FF to the Task Manager, closes, reopens, resizes itself to its default dimensions (I believe), and opens whatever I summoned FF to open in the first place.

So right now I have Bookmarks open in the sidebar and the entire Task Manager program open within the sidebar.

It does not show up in the Applications tab as a separate program but it DOES show up in Processes. It will only do this once per FF session. Actually, I *think* I try to do it after closing and opening FF and it doesn't do it sometimes. But it does do it quite frequently.

Anyone else have this happen? For me, it's only the Task Manager that does this and when I have it open. I always have it running.

Another weird thing I've noticed is the Task Manager that is within FF has sharp corners opposed to the rounded corners like the other windows have. If I minimize it, it minimizes in the lower left corner of FF. When I resize the sidebar, the minimized Task Manager disappears.

:confused:

Back