Firefox - "This document contains no data."

ChingChang

Supreme [H]ardness
Having a problem with firefox... some websites I can't access. Either it will just time out and say it could not be found (right after it says that I can reload the page and it works fine) or I will get an error message saying "This document contains no data." I would check the mozilla forums, but apparently they contain no data.

I noticed that if I keep refreshing the page that "contains no data" that sometimes it will eventually load. Sometimes. Anyone know a fix for this?

btw I'm using the latest version.

I have seen this too with this latest release. I believe that I'll try reinstalling mine.

Edit: It worked.

Hmm I'll try reinstalling later. Do I have to reinstall all the extensions I have? Just wondering so I can note which ones to download :)

I went to the Firefox folder, and deleted the .exe and .dlls. Then, I overwrote the rest. It isn't a conventional way of doing it, but it worked for me.

Your mileage may vary!

The same thing happens to me, but I'm also behind a horribly unreliable college network, and sometimes the internet just craps out for no reason. The page will usually load after one or two refreshes. I've gotten used to the message. It's very infrequent.

I did what mosin did, but I am still getting the error message :( Well after several attempts I can get through to mozilla's site. I'll try there if the forums work.

Back