Firefox Send Is a Free File Transfer Service Featuring Encryption

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Mozilla has announced Firefox Send is now available for use as a free file transfer service with built-in end-to-end encryption. Send allows users to safely and simply share files from any browser without having to worry about their private information existing in the cloud. Send will be available as an Android app in beta later this week. Users can set when their file link expires, the number of downloads, and whether to add an optional password for an extra layer of security. Send allows for fast file transfers of up to 1GB with an option to transfer 2.5GB if users sign up for a free Firefox account. Recipients only have to click a link to download the file.

We know there are several cloud sharing solutions out there, but as a continuation of our mission to bring you more private and safer choices, you can trust that your information is safe with Send. As with all Firefox apps and services, Send is Private By Design, meaning all of your files are protected and we stand by our mission to handle your data privately and securely.

I moved to Chrome as my primary browser a while ago, but have to admit Mozilla keeps adding interesting things that may someday bring me back to the other dark side.

I moved to Chrome as my primary browser a while ago, but have to admit Mozilla keeps adding interesting things that may someday bring me back to the other dark side.
Why not have both like I do, some browsers just work better with some sites so I have a choice,.

I have been stymied more than once by e-mail attachment size limitations. Thanks Mozilla!

Why not have both like I do, some browsers just work better with some sites so I have a choice,.

Getting old, lazy, and apparently am developing OCD about unneeded software on my PCs mostly. I imagine Chrome will release a buggy unstable version and I will move back to FF someday (which is exactly what Mozilla did to make me move to Chrome years ago) and the circle of browser life will continue lol.

For security reasons we no longer allow the transfer of files directly you can only share out links to them and those links are named none of that "to anybody who has this link" garbage allowed, so this is just one more service I am going to have to make sure is added to the block list.

I've been using Google Drive for years. I use it mostly for pictures these days as the Fallout 76 subreddit will not host. I gave a guy a directory full of Morrowind files a couple of days ago though. ;)

Back