Firefox Quantum (FF 57)

Love Quantum, very nice, fast, and smooth. Great job Firefox it's about freakin time. Only thing I don't like is some of the addons broke, but the most important ones work and I'm sure the others are coming around. I still use Chrome for certain things and as an IE replacement, but my main home browser is Quantum.

I understand things need to be updated. I get it, I just wish they'd leave the appearance alone. Hate having to find work-around for addons that aren't supported yet, get things looking like the way they were before.

I understand things need to be updated. I get it, I just wish they'd leave the appearance alone. Hate having to find work-around for addons that aren't supported yet, get things looking like the way they were before.
So this is the UI you want?

2002_phoenix.png

Anyone having issues with Firefox 59? Seems like sometimes the download Window will lock up after a long download (like go white screen or stop responding). Also, sometimes on YouTube the mouse and player buttons won't line up, like the cursor is below the control you're clicking. Started after 59.0.2.

I'm having issues with FF Quantum 60.0b8 that I've read has been a problem for many from ~57 onwards that I've never experienced before. Basically the browser lags behind what I'm typing, sometimes it takes a second or two to catch up - Has anyone experienced this before?

I think the download issue is related to Windows Defender.

If you're using Windows Defender and Firefox, try downloading a large ISO file that is multi GB in size. Click the Firefox download arrow and click show all downloads to pop out the download window. Then close the primary Firefox window so only the download window is left.

When I do that, dragging around the Window and Firefox in general is very laggy and unresponsive. If I disable Windows Defender it runs fine.

I think the download issue is related to Windows Defender.

If you're using Windows Defender and Firefox, try downloading a large ISO file that is multi GB in size. Click the Firefox download arrow and click show all downloads to pop out the download window. Then close the primary Firefox window so only the download window is left.

When I do that, dragging around the Window and Firefox in general is very laggy and unresponsive. If I disable Windows Defender it runs fine.

Thanks for the reply bigdogchris, however I worked it out. My issue wasn't related to FF, it was a passive USB hub I installed between my keyboard and PC, once I bypassed the hub and plugged my keyboard into the PC directly everything was fine. :)

Back