Firefox memory leak fixed!

Tonight's build is a good one. Page loading seems to have been much improved, too.
I also noticed that a forum that I frequent, not computer related, refreshes the main page when I return after posting. It wouldn't do that before, even with Netscape back before I started using Phoenix. Spellbound's library required reinstalling on my machine, however. That said, this nightly build is the best one that I have ever tried. The difference is incredible. I strongly suspect that Release 1.04 will be short lived because the changes with this build are so dramatic. :)

It sounds like you're enjoying the new Back/Forward button caching. The Mozilla guys implemented a caching system similar to Opera's, so that when you hit Back and Forward, the page will automatically load, instead of having to reload.

Of course, the reloading issue sounds like a buggy side-effect... keep up with The Burning Edge for a concise (but not exhaustive) list of what bugs were fixed and regressed in each nightly.

figures, they have a fix for it now, but now i dont have my primary laptop that i use FF on! Argg! :D 1.1 nightly build will be woth a test if this is true

Terpfen said:
It sounds like you're enjoying the new Back/Forward button caching. The Mozilla guys implemented a caching system similar to Opera's, so that when you hit Back and Forward, the page will automatically load, instead of having to reload.

Of course, the reloading issue sounds like a buggy side-effect... keep up with The Burning Edge for a concise (but not exhaustive) list of what bugs were fixed and regressed in each nightly.
Indeed, and I like it a lot! :)

It was never addressed in Netscape. I came directly over from Netscape, so I didn't know what I was missing.

Back