FireFox 4 Mobile for Android !

So I got the new Firefox 4 Mobile when it came out a few days back, and I've always loved FireFox on my PC, and I really like the mobile version, but the one issue I have, is the fact that theres, for some reason, no Flash Support ? which is wierd to me, considering Android Phones (most of em anyways, my D2G just Flash 10.2) so why would they not add the programming functionality to allow for flash playback ? and does anyone kno if they plan on adding it, cause I use a lot of flash websites, so I have to keep switching between firefox and the stock android web browser, which is annoying as shit lol. I've been having a hard tiem finding any news if they are going to add flash, but I'm assuming they will. But like i asked, does anyone know if/when they are gonna add it....and also, lets hear what everyone thinks about it for your android phone.....discuss ! :D

try dolphinhd it's a pretty good web browser. supports gesture commands and you can map your volume buttons to toggle between tabs.

Does FF4 scale for anyone else when zoomed in with these forums? On the stock browser when I zoom in it adjusts so that I do not have to scroll left or right. In FF4 it does not do this and its basically not usable for me because of this.

HTC Incredible

I was loving Opera Mini on my Thunderbolt but it has this SUPER annoying thing where it reloads the entire page when you exit a text box so it makes it impossible to log into most of my forums.

Tried Dolphin and Firefox but am just gonna stick with the stock browser cause it simply works better and smoother.

I've been using it a for a few days and it's nice but still needs a lot of work. It's incredibly slow to open, zooming doesn't frame the page properly, and there isn't any flash support. I do like that the windows/tabs view is a swipe to the left away and the bookmarks to the right. I have Dolphin browser too but I'm sticking to the stock browser until the other ones provide a more seamless experience.

I was loving Opera Mini on my Thunderbolt but it has this SUPER annoying thing where it reloads the entire page when you exit a text box so it makes it impossible to log into most of my forums.

Tried Dolphin and Firefox but am just gonna stick with the stock browser cause it simply works better and smoother.

You should check out Opera MOBILE. Opera MINI is designed for people with EDGE data connections or 200MB data caps :p

I like and use FF4 on my desktop all the time, but on my HTC Thunderbolt it sucks. It's slow to start up, it renders pages slow (compared to stock, opera mobile 11 and dolphin hd), and when i do a location type of search (eg: nearest ice cream shop) it doesn't show me ice cream shops in MY area even-though the option to use my location is enabled. The other browsers do this just fine.

You should check out Opera MOBILE. Opera MINI is designed for people with EDGE data connections or 200MB data caps :p

Embarrassing but I never thought of that. Think Ill do that now. Got unlimited data plan so no worries there. I loved Mini's UI and the way it works but that reloading bug drove me freaking crazy!

FYI, Dolphin uses the platform's WebView, so its performance is identical to the stock browser (basically it is just a different UI for the stock browser - hence why it supports flash). Opera and Firefox both have their own rendering and javascript engines, which is why they are slower to support flash as they have to actually code the plugin support in their engines. Opera Mobile on a Nook Color is pretty awesome. On my phone I just stick with the stock browser because I don't browse the web enough for it to matter (aka, it's "good enough"). On my Xoom, I love the stock browser - it is excellent.

Opera Mobile is the shiz. Scrolls about as smooth as an iPhone on my Inspire and supports text reflow, full screen, and Flash.

Opera Mobile is the shiz. Scrolls about as smooth as an iPhone on my Inspire and supports text reflow, full screen, and Flash.
This.

The stock browser (and Dolphin) is smooth enough that it doesn't matter most of the time but there are a few pages that it completely chokes on (XDA forums for example). This is where Opera Mobile shines since it's still smooth.

FireFox 4 is my desktop and laptop browser, but blows on my Incredible.

Opera Mobile is great, followed closely by Dolphin HD.

Even though I love Firefox on my desktop, the mobile is just so behind the competition and that is when I dont want any unnecessarily lag because I'm on the go and want it instant even more than normal.

Firefox Mobile has a lot of catching up to do. Dolphin HD is my preferred browser. I can't stand the stock browser. No idea why, it just annoys me to use it.

I might give Opera a spin though.

FF4 has a lot going for it that other browsers don't, it is just so buggy right now that it's neigh unusable. I'm loving the new Opera Mobile (odd because until the new version it was my least favorite browser), I use it most.

With some work I do think the FF browser can bet he best available but after reporting bugs and such to their tech support I don't think it's gonna be there any time soon.

I've been using Opera Mobile (not mini) for a few days now and I hella dig it. i love firefox, and i feel bad for not using it (im loyal to the devs i love) but until i see flash support and some better functionality, FireFox is only gonna be on my PC, and Opera (as well as the stock browser sometimes) will be my mobile browser on my Droid X. Opera is great tho, really fast, stable, I love how they incorporated the start page with the bookmarks just like on the desktop version, and it has flash support. so far i have no complaints. one thing i dont understand tho, is why google hasnt made an official chrome browser on their software as the stock android browser, it just makes sense that they should/would, ya know. i use FireFox in my Desktop and Chrome on my Laptop and I dig it. Anyways, thats my 2cents

Back