Firefox 4 issue...

this morning, I woke up to a bizarre humming coming from my speakers, followed with a loud "thump thump"...

Further investigation from my volume mixer, concludes that it's coming from the "Plugin Container for Firefox"

firefoxproblem.jpg

tried rebooting.... no luck...

Any Ideas??:confused:

is your sound affected if you mute that plugin container? Hit the speaker icon below the adjustment bar to mute it. Would it mute any sounds coming from Firefox, such as YouTube audio?

Also hit the orange Firefox menu at the top and go to Addins, then Plugins. Do you have anything in there that might have anything to do with audio?

is your sound affected if you mute that plugin container? Hit the speaker icon below the adjustment bar to mute it. Would it mute any sounds coming from Firefox, such as YouTube audio?
yeah, i could hear stuff on youtube, but it was really staticy and distorted sounding...

Also hit the orange Firefox menu at the top and go to Addins, then Plugins. Do you have anything in there that might have anything to do with audio?
just java, flash &silverlight...
alternatively you might want to do a completely uninstall of Flash here: http://www.webisee.com/2009/03/22/uninstall-flash-player-completely/

And then completely reinstall Flash. You may want to do the same for Firefox.
might just do that...
Thanks

Dude i have a problem where if i open my bookmarks then click a link the bookmarks page is still showing on my task bar and its annoying.....

Back