Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No opinion/see results

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigdogchris

Fully [H]
I hate it.

It's completely backwards from the way my brain works. I want to choose where I search first, then type in a search term. The new search bar makes you type in a search word first, then choose where to search.

For example, if I want to look for technical training videos on Youtube, I've decided where I want to search before I even begin entering search terms.

Once you've already selected the search engine and use multiple terms it's less irritating, but I often switch between search engines and like making the change before searching.

Who agrees?

Definitely do not want. I search the same way as you, first the where, then the search term.

And that plug for Yahoo search on startup made me laugh.

bigdogchris said:
t's completely backwards from the way my brain works. I want to choose where I search first, then type in a search term. The new search bar makes you type in a search word first, then choose where to search.

If you used to be able to choose where to search first in the search bar, I never noticed because I only used it to search Google and leave the search term visible while I'm on other tabs of that page (which is why I find IE's removal of the search bar unbearable).

But then, I use smart keywords so that, for example, if I want to search for something on wikipedia, I type "wp (search term)" into the location bar. Would you find that method of searching preferable?

Just found out it can be disabled

about:config

browser.search.showOneOffButtons

Change to false

It feels so, so good.

Nice. I noticed that Firefox Portable v34 didn't change compared to the desktop version. All my search options are still in the dropdown in the search box.

I never use the little search bars anyhow so I don't even know what the hell "changed."

I just updated my FF to see what all this kerfuffle was about.

Yuck!!!

I just voted no.

There's something about the drop-down box that pisses me off. I've been repeating old searches by mistake because of it.

I hate it with a fiery passion. I have over 100 search engines configured. I used to use the "Organize Search Engines" extension, and it was great. Now, that extension is broken, and all I have is an assload of search engine icons, and I can't tell which is which. Having to figure out which bloody icon is the one I want takes a long time and makes me angry.

I havn't noticed a change other than it searched YaHoo! and i was like WTF MATE?! so i searched a few more times until i realized Moz is effing with me. Not a Google fan either but I freaking hate YaHoo!'s look (i use swag bucks only cause i can make a few cents here and there lol i'm a tool)

I noticed it crashes all the time now watching videos. The search engine can be changed.

Are you guys talking about the combo box where you type your search string?

I'm getting extra items at the bottom, like "Add _something_.com", are these advertisements?

Yes, that's the demon-infested regurgitated piece of rancid rat diarrhea that we are speaking of.

I don't have the extra items you speak of though. Mine looks like so.

shit.jpg

mirjqx9m5

Right, I'm also getting extra unrelated items with icons, "Add ..." below the search results. Add to what?!

In that case I'm voting "No", and I just switched back to version 28.0

...and you just restored a bunch of security vulnerabilities at the same time.

Does everyone not realize you can just turn all that shit off and search using only your favorite search engine? The nitpicking in here is really impressive.

3HepE2d.png

Last edited:
Wow, we've got a pack of beauties here. Sarcasticboy (who thinks all vulnerabilities are "viruses" and restricted to Windows) and his brother, Pointmisser. What a team.

It's not nitpicking. I'm not going to memorize and visually search through the icons of all those goddamned search engines I use, nor even my "favorite" 10 of them. It's a shit design. <-- Period

Wow, we've got a pack of beauties here. Sarcasticboy and his brother, pointmisser. What a team.

It's not nitpicking. I'm not going to memorize and visually search through all those goddamned search engines I use, nor even my "favorite" 10 of them.

Cry moar...I added a pic for you. Real hard isn't it.

Stupid question time:

Why are you all using the search box? I take that shit off the UI as soon as I install FF. Open new page, set search into AwesomeBar, and type what you want - it automatically google searches.

I like to have a search bar separate and persistent that retains what I typed in to search and is visible above all of the tabs I'm working on. IE got rid of the search bar and it's useless to me now.

Does everyone not realize you can just turn all that shit off and search using only your favorite search engine? The nitpicking in here is really impressive.
That has absolutely nothing to do with my original complaint.

The ability to add/remove search engines has always been a feature and we are well aware of that.

I never use that search box, just use the one on Yahoo's main page.

What is pissing me off is 34 crashes constantly, plug in container is flaky and flash seems to be glitchy.

It's also a memory hog and locks up. I've had it over 2 gigs of ram with only a handful of tabs opened.

Mozilla needs to fix this shit and fast, highly annoying.
The only cure is to close and restart.

I for one didn't realize you could change the search engine, thanks pcjunkie! I don't like all the junk that drops down when you are doing your search.

Last edited:
Stupid question time:

Why are you all using the search box? I take that shit off the UI as soon as I install FF. Open new page, set search into AwesomeBar, and type what you want - it automatically google searches.

As far as I knew you can still just type your search into your address bar instead of the search bar, worked for me just now.

Back