Firefox 3.0.3 suck for anyone else?

koopaGG

2[H]4U
I just updated and I'm running Vista x64, this browser crashes so damn much lately I've never had issues with firefox until now. It crashes every 10 minutes it seems...

Am I the only one having problems with it?

I've been unhappy with stability in Firefox since 3.0. The 2.5.x series always seemed much more stable to me. Now I have to actually think about how many tabs I have open on my laptop... but 1GB of RAM really should be enough for a basic internet type machine running XP.

Haven't had any issues and gone from 3.0.0 to .1 to .2 then to .3 on the same installation, and I use Portable Firefox also, same progression of updates, no problems so far.

The 3.0.x line has been pretty stable for me now that all my plugins are up-to-date.

The only issue I'm having at this point is that the Firefox process isn't exiting correctly maybe one out of twenty times, which means I'm generally killing the process once every other day. Aside from that, it's been rock solid.

I did have a problem on my vista x64 with 3.0.2 and one of the vista updates. I had to disable all my extensions/plugins. 3.0.3 seems to work so far for me though. My vista 32bit machines are all working flawlessly though.

Yeah I noticed that FF3 latest version likes to take a dump for no reason, mostly on streaming sites and when it does it, it will lock up and the browser wont do anything and I have to close it via task manager.

TBH, I think it isnt as stable or fast as the previous FF's as it seems to stutter alot with me and scrolling isnt as smooth as it used to be, but ff3 does crash alot more than FF2 in my opinion, I kinda regret upgrading now, but I spose it will get better sooner or later :/

I have 0 crashes & I'm running 3.0.4pre (just updated from 3.0.3pre). Pretty much flies on anything I throw at it, so I'm satisfied with its performance. I am looking forward to 3.1 since the TraceMonkey Java engine flies & gives Chrome's V8 engine something to contend with.

Mine has been terrible...so much so that Ive been using Chrome lately.

For some reason FF wont exit correctly. So if I close FF and then try to reopen it I have to end task on it before I can open a new one. Also when it is open I cannot open a link in a new window...only in a new tab. If i change the settings to open in a new window it just sits like its working then nothing happens, if i set it to open in a new tab its instant?? It also seems that java isnt working with FF either. Not sure what the problem is. Ive tried uninstallnig and reinstalling it and checking all the settings. I dont have any addons that are blocking the java or stuff like that. My IE and Chrome work just fine so it leads me to believe its a FF thing. I got tired of having to end task on FF over and over and just installed chrome while I figure out what the hell is wrong with my FF.

No real crashes yet, but Firefox frequently fails to close completely. I can't recall with which version this problem stopped, but I'm pissed that it's happening again.

Not so good here guys... crashes to the desktop consistently.

Vista HP x64..I'm going to try dumping my extensions one at a time and see if I can figure out if maybe one of them is the problem.....

Last time I played with FF was ver. 3.0. I stopped and uninstalled it after about 15 minutes.
I'm on a 3.6ghz computer with 8gb ram and when I click a link from a IM or IRC window, it takes 3-4 minutes to pop up. Totally unacceptable!

It locked up for me yesterday when I was upping pics for some of my project logs to photobucket. I had to crash it out. Hmm.

It just occurred to me that Firefox may be why I've been getting very random 0x1E BSODs since I put this system together that I can't track down. I've also almost always got Firefox open with multiple tabs and windows, I wonder if there's a connection.

I guess I can't say I've had no problems with FF3 afterall.

The only time Firefox crashes for me is when I occasionally log on to my school's website, but that's the school's fault for using a poor Java implementation on their login page.

I use mine with over 35 extensions. Don't remember the last time it's crashed.

It just occurred to me that Firefox may be why I've been getting very random 0x1E BSODs since I put this system together that I can't track down. I've also almost always got Firefox open with multiple tabs and windows, I wonder if there's a connection.

I guess I can't say I've had no problems with FF3 afterall.

No, I seriously doubt Firefox has anything to do with the instability of your new build. When it crashes, it tends to do so pretty cleanly, taking only itself out. I've never had Firefox bring down my machine completely.

No, I seriously doubt Firefox has anything to do with the instability of your new build. When it crashes, it tends to do so pretty cleanly, taking only itself out. I've never had Firefox bring down my machine completely.

I'm actually pretty sure it has something to do with the video card. Probably 75% of the crashes happen when I'm watching TV, playing a Blu-ray, or in a game. But the ones tha happen when I'm simply browseing my email in FF3 are throwing this whole process off. Having it only happen every three or four days doesn't help either.

Actually, 3.03 FINALLY fixed the memory leak issue i was having. Now i only use upto 150mb insted of 400mb.

Last time I tried FF3, the bookmarks system was literally 100x slower and more cumbersome than FF2 with addons. I stuck it out for week, but it was so slow that I could feel the lost minutes every day. I bookmark tons of code and tutorials all the time, so FF3 had to go.

So, I switched back to FF2 and bookmarks fly again and addons work. If FF3 is still as slow with bookmarks when they stop patching FF2 I may have to switch to another browser, because it was unbearable (unless someone makes a FF3 addon that uses the old bookmark system).

They switched from flat files for bookmarks to a different database system that was unbelievably slow when you have a bunch of bookmarks.

Did not think it sucked, in fact I thought it was pretty good. However, since IE7 with the IE7Pro add on, I just have not felt the need to keep using a different browser for more than, "just testing it out" purposes.

I have 3.0.3 at home and at work. No problems at all on XP or Vista 64 at home, and no problems at work except for the corporate web apps that force you to use IE... grrrrr...

I use mine with over 35 extensions. Don't remember the last time it's crashed.

Ditto. Vista x64 + Firefox 3.03. Use about 30+ extensions, and usually have at least 8 instances open, each with about 5+ tabs. So that's about 40+ webpages open at a time. Crashes like what, once a month? :D

I usually wait a bit to get the newest build.......sort of " let everyone else be the guinea pig" deal till most bugs are gone. I'm still on 2.0.0.17 till I stop seeing these posts.:D

I haven't really been happy with Firefox since v1.5. Then again, I've been much less impressed with IE7, so for me it's the lesser of two evils. Seems like with FF3, the tabs close slower. I think I'll start using Google Chrome.

Back