Firefox 2 - quick find issue

MooCow

[H]F Junkie
Hey I'm experiencing a slight issue when using firefox and posting replies on forums, when I'm typing and press the ' key (apostrophe), sometimes FF brings up "quick find" toolbar at the bottom. I know sometimes turning off the scroll lock or numlock keys fixes it most of the time, but even then yesterday I turned off scroll lock and it was still doing it. Anyone experience this? You're typing "you're, I'm etc" and all of a sudden quick find comes up and you can't type anymore. Most annoying thing ever. Its not doing it right now... but comes and goes.

I've had teh issue, and recently, links actually tried to open stuff from My Computer. Usually just shut down FF and restart it. Hell, it brings it right back where you were.

I just tried it and it did launch the quick find. But only when I didn't have a flashing cursor in a text box. Just click on a text box and it works like an apostrophe key.

You may be doing something (accidentally hitting tab or clicking your mouse with your elbow) to get out of the text box.

Back