Firefox 1.0 PR

notoriousformula

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi all, where can i find Firefox 1.0 PR? I installed 1.0(final) this morning and it sucks, disabled all my extentions cus it can't support them?? :mad:

If anybody has a link to 1.0 PR, please post it here.

many thanks!

Go here: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Go to the nightly builds link, backtrack to the root folder, and go grab Firefox / Firebird / Phoenix archives as you see fit.

Or just wait a day or two. Extensions nearly always require some tweaking for new releases.

notoriousformula said:
Hi all, where can i find Firefox 1.0 PR? I installed 1.0(final) this morning and it sucks, disabled all my extentions cus it can't support them?? :mad:

If anybody has a link to 1.0 PR, please post it here.

many thanks!

Just wait until they get updated... not the end of the world

It sucks? Just because your extensions dont work yet? Nice way to put down 19 months of hard work on a piece of FREE software.

mod edit: odoe: how about you keep the flames to yourself?

Met-AL said:
It sucks? Just because your extensions dont work yet? Nice way to put down 19 months of hard work on a piece of FREE software. Maybe you suck?

Hey, come on now, he's obviously some sort of n00b when it comes to free software, yes, but no need to be mean :cool:

Especially a noob when it comes to GOOD free software. In fact, firefox is one of the few pieces of free software that i would recomend to people.

wow,.. now i can definitely say: this is "The forum where people treat you as a noob and flame you even if you have 800+ posts".. Sweeeet guys!

anywayz, i found the Firefox FTP for all releases.. I was just mad cus i was trying to finish my essay research and found that ad-block wasn't working on the new Firefox.. pop-ups/Flash ads everywhere.

Met-AL: why don't you f***ing keep your comments to yourself, i'm sure no one wants to hear a redneck.

Z3Px: I love and appreciate people behind Firefox, obviously i was very unpleased to see pop-ups/flash ads and no back compatibility with extentions :(.. I love FF so much, i usually carry the "Get Firefox" links in my forum/e-mail signatures.

I know the question has been answered and I'm not trying to flame you or anything. BUT, I upgraded from 1.0PR to 1.0 today and all my extensions(including adblock) still work.

jpmkm said:
I know the question has been answered and I'm not trying to flame you or anything. BUT, I upgraded from 1.0PR to 1.0 today and all my extensions(including adblock) still work.

eh, no idea.. it disabled 6 of my important extensions, including ad-block, status clock, download manager, double click on tab, firefox calender and bandwidth tester(wireless laptop use)

OK. Do this. Get the updated extensions because almost every extension has been fixed. Some won't update through the browser yet, however. After they are installed, overwrite your install. You may have to overwrite it more than once. It would really help if you defragment your machine first, too. A complete name defragmentation would be best, if you overwrite instead of doing a clean install. Like you, I had a few problems at first, but now I'm experiencing the best browser ever.

See, I can do a civilized post...sometimes. :)

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl (The server is temporarily down, but it should be back shortly.)

FF is the Best browser ever, no doubt.. I'm back to 1.0PR and everything is working..again i was only pissed cus i was doin some important research on my essay and had very less time on my hands.. wasn't happy to see 1.0 not backward compatible with plug-ins, etc.

notoriousformula said:
FF is the Best browser ever, no doubt.. I'm back to 1.0PR and everything is working..again i was only pissed cus i was doin some important research on my essay and had very less time on my hands.. wasn't happy to see 1.0 backward compatible with plug-ins, etc.

My bad! My comment was more geared towards not flaming someone vs. throwing "n00b's" around. I guess I'm just used to free stuff not working the first time around, and even more used to people I try to convince to USE free stuff complaining when they have to set stuff up. Obviously, this wasn't the case, and I apologise. GO FF! :D

Althou I don't use the extensions, I can see where it would be very trouble-some. I'm actually surprised as FF has always treaded me well on an inital install. Hopefully they get it fixed, we don't want another IE on our hands ;)

Back