Fire sale part 2?

I placed orders at 4 different places and all of them got cancelled. I dont even know why I want the touchpad, but I do lol.

This firesale really showcases the desire for tablets but the pricetag is just too much atm. Wish I had 100 bucks to blow atm...id love a big screen portable browser.

HP should have just thrown all off touchpads away and should do the same for these phones. They're going to have to support all of these devices for years to come and have to hear from whiny people about apps and such.

All HP will be required to do is uphold the 1yr warranty....after 1yr my Touchpad will not be covered for anything, and there wont be a point in bitching/whining about it because HP wont have to do anything

HP should have just thrown all off touchpads away and should do the same for these phones. They're going to have to support all of these devices for years to come and have to hear from whiny people about apps and such.

the support costs are probably much lower than the 100-150 dollars per device they got liquidating it. So that would have been an incredibly foolish move, over and above selling them from 99 instead of 199 to begin with.

But you're also cheapening your brand by this firesale. Down the road, you might get more headaches with all these bargain hunting customers.

Maybe donate them to schools and take a tax break.

But you're also cheapening your brand by this firesale. Down the road, you might get more headaches with all these bargain hunting customers.

Maybe donate them to schools and take a tax break.

Seeing as they're getting out of the consumer market, this is a moot point.

Thanks, I thought I missed out now I'll keep watching the HP site daily.

Yeah, I am hoping that they do go on sale as I missed all the deals this weekend on the TouchPad.

It goes to show how tablets are great but the current price points in the market are just too high. Netbooks can be found for as cheap as $250 - $300 so why would I pay more then that for a tablet which most likely cant perform as many things as the netbook.

WTB HP TouchPad for $100 so bad!

My campus bookstore took them off the shelf when the price dropped to $99. They refuse to sell them for those prices (or at all). I figure they either A. Are waiting to get confirmation of refund status from whoever they bought them from or B. They will end up sending them all somewhere where some liquidator will buy them all for $50 each and then sell them for $99.

I don't expect to see a $99 Touchpad in the bookstore.

Yeah, I am hoping that they do go on sale as I missed all the deals this weekend on the TouchPad.

It goes to show how tablets are great but the current price points in the market are just too high. Netbooks can be found for as cheap as $250 - $300 so why would I pay more then that for a tablet which most likely cant perform as many things as the netbook.

WTB HP TouchPad for $100 so bad!

The 16hr docked 10.1" Asus Transformer would like to have a word with you for $500?

Back