FiOS wireless router + second router, not seeing all PCs on network

Master [H]

2[H]4U
I'm having a little trouble getting my network to operate as needed and I'm at a loss of where to go.

I have an Actiontec MI424-WR Rev. D wireless router/modem where my FiOS connection comes in. I wanted to expand my wired options with a Netgear FSV318 Router my dad gave me.

I have a crossover cable going from the Internet/WAN port of the Netgear to one of the LAN jacks on the Actiontec unit. I currently have only one wired connection on the Netgear, my main box running Windows 7. Before this machine was able to see all PCs on the network. Now, I can't see them. Somehow, I'm able to see my FreeNAS box that is a wired connection to the Actiontec and connect to it with GoSync, but it doesn't always show up on the network. I also sometimes see my wife's box running Win7. I can ping and receive a reply just fine.

I've set the Netgear to as much automatic IP/etc as I can and have enabled UPnP for it's LAN ports.

I'm not sure what the hell I'm doing, and it's getting sorta frustrating. I think I'm pretty close, but I don't know what setting I need to update to make this work.

Last edited:
On the netgear you disable DHCP and connect the FIOS router to one of the switch ports on your netgear, NOT the WAN port.

Back