Finishing the Deus Ex: HR soundtrack?

dderidex

Supreme [H]ardness
Brent mentioned in another thread the song that appears in the DX trailer - 'My World' by Transmissions. That got me thinking about the soundtrack overall - it's very good, but it's very short.

So, in an effort to "finish" it...

The base soundtrack comes with the 'Augmented Edition', and includes:

Icarus - Main Theme - Michael McCann
Opening Credits - Michael McCann
Main Menu - Michael McCann
Barret Boss Fight - Michael McCann
Detroit City Ambient Part 1 - Michael McCann
And Away We Go - Michael McCann
Lower Hengsha Ambient Part 1 - Michael McCann
Return To Hengsha - Michael McCann
HongHua Brothel - Michael McCann
Everybody Lies - Michael McCann
LIMB Clinic - Michael McCann
Endings - Michael McCann

...a good start. Notice those two 'Part 1' tracks? Yeah, not sure what the deal is, there. I found a 'part 2' on the Facebook 'unlocks' DXHR site:
Detroit City Ambient Part 2 - Michael McCann

(Click the 'phase 1' link, and it's the only tile with the musical sheet icon...second row, to the right for me)

[EDIT: Hmmm. The ID3 tag for it definitely calls it "Part 2", but it looks identical to the "Part 1" track already on the soundtrack, to me...]

Per Brent's find, I went ahead and picked up (it's not free, but worth including) the trailer song from iTunes.

'My World' - Transmissions

...which I just put at the end of the playlist.

What else should be on here? I'm assuming there is a 'Lower Hensha Ambient Part 2' out there, somewhere, but I've not found it. Anyone see a 'UNATCO Theme' laying around anywhere, either? Basically looking for some appropriate tracks to try to get this closer to 45 min (the original soundtrack clocks in at less than *30* minutes, which was quite a surprise...)

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I noticed with my Augmented Edition as well that I thought the soundtrack looked kind of brief.

Haha, I inadvertently ending up reading this thread while listening to the main menu music I have playing on my playlist.

Definitely will be eager to get my hands on all of the music. At least in the first Deus Ex they were all already there for you if you didn't mind converting.

Back