Finished Z690 build and updates, but few "!" In device manager.

shadow2761

Limp Gawd
Just finished doing my Z390 > Z690 build.
Here is my specs:

Lian Li XL Dynamic ROG
Asus Z690 STRIX-E
EK 360 Elite dRGB AIO
2x16GB Crucial 4800MHz DDR5
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe4.0 M.2 Nvme
WD Black 4TB

All seems to be running well, ran cinebench (multicore) and Superposition, no issues.

But in 'device manager' I still have 2 exclamation marks as in the pic below:

20220108-124357.jpg

Does anyone know what they could be?
I tried updating everything from all the files located from the Asus Z690 support page.

Although I wasn't able to update the Intel ME driver via the update tool I downloaded from the Asus webpage. Not sure how to, when I try to run the 'MEupdatetool' I keep getting a message saying make sure MEI driver is installed.

Anyone know, what these "!" Marks could be in my device manage and how I can rectify it?

I would go to the website and manually download any chipset drivers. I never have any luck with those auto updates.

get the chipset driver from intels site.

I have tried to look for intel ME update drivers from intels site, but having some trouble finding it or moreover the one that looks like the correct file I need.

Last edited:
Double click to open their property windows. It should say there what the issue is -- missing driver, failed to load, crash, etc. After we know why it has an error, we can determine what to do.

Under the support for my board, I have a Serial IO driver and an Intel ME driver. I'd install them both.

Smbus is intel chipset drivers, both of them should be fixed once you install the driver, as I had the exact same thing happen to me when my main pc got rejected from being allowed to up date to windows 11 because of 1 hardware item not being good enough, which was a i7 6700K, so I had to go and buy new hardware in order to update from a clean install of windows 10. And guess what, I fukin wish I didn’t.

But yes, intel drivers are in your future,

Back