finding torrent files

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1m2x3

2[H]4U
What are some good search engines you guys use to find those perfectly legal shareware torrents?

:confused:

Shareware/freeware? Lol, to be honest, there aren't many places that list only legal programs. However, a lot of those places that list illegal programs will also have legal ones. I ended up getting my copy of Fedora Core 2 (last I tried it that is) from such a site as it was taking an absolute eternity from their mirrors and the torrent nearly filled my downstream bandwidth. The problem is that most of those legal programs that make real use of this just put the torrent on their own site and no one ever feels the need to put it elsewhere.

Anyway, I guess there's still always google to fall back on. Even for something like this it's not so bad.

Generally, if the file is available as a torrent, you can find a link to the torrent on the author's website.

The main issue is most links someone provides will also be links to warez torrents.
Sorry, but that is just the way it is. The legal torrents are available on these sites, but are mostly outnumbered by warez, which would is against the rules.

A lot of Linux distro's are starting to use Torrents. I find it a great solution to bandwidth saving.

Yeah, but, most of those end up only on the main website with maybe the exception of a few people just uploading the torrent unofficially to places. Oh, and not just bandwidth saving sometimes btw. I got MUCH better speeds via a torrent when I was trying to get the FC2 dvd image, though I admit I didn't try all of the mirrors. Well, technically that goes down to bandwidth saving too, but, you get the idea.

Anyway, that's definitely the problem with this. There just aren't any sites that have only legitimate things hardly. So there's just no way we can safely respond to this thread with useful answers.

I am sorry. There's still google though. Lol, I can say that, though it will also point you to warez if you try hard enough.

suge

I didn't know google could do an actual file search or at least something so darned close to it. I've been doing file searches the hard way... (Eg putting it in quotes so it won't mess it up too much and having to dig through a bunch of results that had nothing to do with any sort of file.)

yup google is good like that

say at google you want a gentoo torrent

gentoo filetype:torrent

or

gentoo inurl:torrent

but it you really want to search for torrents check out
www.bitoogle.com
it searches all the main torrent haunts (supranova..) to one place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back