Finding a extended 1800mah battery for Motorola Droid X2

MooCow

[H]F Junkie
I understand that misinformation is all over Amazon for almost any cell phone accessory these days. Its very fucking annoying. So I'd appreciate any input only from people who have direct experience with the Motorola Droid X2 chime in.

Well I'm looking up a replacement battery for my moto Droid X2 since I'm using an aging stock 1500mah battery (BH5X) manufactured in mid June of 2011. The replacement battery I am looking for is a genuine BH6X 1800mah battery.

NOW HERE IS THE PROBLEM... Apparently from what a review explained is that Motorola made TWO VERSIONS of BH6X 1800mah batteries... and they are NOT INTERCHANGEABLE - only one of them will work for the Droid X (1), and the other only fits the Atrix, despite the fact that the model number is the same.

Perma link:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2XKE6...e=UTF8&ASIN=B004FFPJ48&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=
I think I read on a forum that the BH6X can work in the Droid X2, assuming you have the right one of the two models... The above link does not talk about the Droid X2, but most of my searches for a "Droid X2 battery" come up with the BH6X...

SO my main question is... Does anyone know where I can find a real extended battery for the Droid X2? The 1800mah replacement battery is supposedly the same dimensions of the original stock 1500mah battery, meaning you won't have to install a new bulky door making the phone larger. It sounds like a good plan to go ahead and find a higher capacity battery that fits like a stock battery, maybe a bit too good to be true, but this is again what I am reading off phone forums.

I searched a bit on Amazon, and there are so many fuckheads saying the battery "worked!" and then the other side of reviews say that it was incompatible and they were charged a restocking fee if they wanted to send it back. Therefore making my battery search even more of a pain in the ass.... So where can I get a real 1800mah battery for my DX2? I searched on repairs universe .com and they don't have it... everything is listed for the Droid X (1)... I don't know how many parts are interchangeable from the Droid X to the X2...

There is SO MUCH BULLSHIT for finding replacement parts for Droids on Amazon... (and eBay, but we all know eBay sucks a dick)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh yes... I also forgot to mention that I don't want to pay $50 for it... :)

Yeah... I guess its time for a new phone. If that's the case, I want another droid... on the verizon / page plus network. I probably won't want to pay any more than $200 for it.

Last edited:
I bought an X2 to use just as a sudo iPod Touch with an HDMI out. Works good! Don't get rid of it. The HTC DNA is the best phone you can get on Verizon now. Its what I am using and definitely recommend it. 5" 1080p screen, quad core 1.5ghz, 2gb ram. One downside is you can't replace the battery, but not that big of deal for me. It has the wireless charging built in.

The HTC DNA is the best phone you can get on Verizon now.

That's highly debatable, esp. now that the GS4 is out. If you want/need more than 11GBs of usable storage or better than average battery life, then definitely not.

Eh yeah I also want to stay out of contract, so its gonna be page plus only (verizon reception). I am so tired of dealing with contracts. So now that leaves me with some older phones, but hopefully newer than the X2... phone shopping is tricky.

Last edited:
I'm looking at the HTC Thunderbolt for around $150 new. I could get it for far less used, but I want something kinda clean.

The thunderbolt would be a mistake, to put it lightly. Look for the Bionic, if you can.

Lol, yeah, unless you like to keep your phone plugged into the wall or like carrying around a brick with an extended battery on it, definitley don't get the Thunderbolt.

I'll second that the Bionic or Razr is probably the best phone you can get for around $150 (used at least). I see the Rezound going for about that much or less on Swappa too, but my wife has that phone and I wouldn't recommend it due to performance and battery life issues, plus it's stuck on ICS when every other phone that came out with it is on 4.1 or higher.

I see... thanks for the advice. I just got outbid for a used razr @ $130, but I'll take a stab at another one in 30 minutes.

Back