Finding a cpu heat sink clip for an Abit VH6T Motherboard

ScubaBart

n00b
I have an old Abit VH6T Socket 370 motherboard I had bought many years back for an upgrade but never used it. Cleaning out and decided to put it up on eBay and when I took the heat sink off the verify what processor was installed and when putting the clip back on, it broke.

upload_2020-1-18_15-57-50.png
upload_2020-1-18_15-58-31.png

So, anyone know of a source for replacement or alternate clips to secure the heat sink in place? Don't figure I can sell it for anything without at least fixing that but it needs to be a cheap fix to even make it worthwhile.

Thanks for any input.

Doug

Plastic welder from harbor frieght might work. I've only used it on motorcycle plastics that flex though.

i have a metal one that may work for you. i'll dig it out and send pics, i may even have the plastic ones but i think the lever on mine is blue and not green if that matters.

Thanks for all the input. The mention of a metal one made me do some more searching and I found one on amazon for $5 delivered. The trick is figuring out the correct terminology to use for the search.

Also, I wasn't trying to sell or trade here, was only looking for info to find a clip.

Back