Finder replacement

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
So I just bought a used macbook pro i7, 16gb ram, 512gb ssd and I can't stand finder.

Is there any program out there that can make it more usable for a power user or just to replace it?

This probably won’t help you, but if your goal is to be a real power user than just do everything in terminal.

There isn’t a method of changing Finder in any real way. But I also don’t think there is anything particularly great or particularly terrible about Finder. It just sort of is. macOS for the most part doesn’t require much digging through files anyway.

Most navigation to common locations can be done quickly by using spotlight rather than tediously clicking through folders. Or by creating shortcuts either in the often used locations on the left of each folder or the desktop or dock.

But I suppose maybe this is the wrong way to go about this. What do you need to do that Finder doesn’t do?

Actually there have been quite a few programs that either completely replace or alter Finder which does in fact suck ass compared to Explorer on Windows.

Total Finder would be my vote.

Back