Find me the best bargain laptop if you can.

buzzard34

Gawd
I am a college student (who isn't these days :D) that would like a laptop in supplement to his desktop. I went after an Armada M700 on ebay (got it for $250) but after some discussion with savvy ebay shoppers and techies they told me i got ripped hard. So now I'm looking for the best deal i can get (probably resell the laptop or just suffer and not pay for it). Help please?

I would prefer an inexpensive new one over a used one, but is that really such a bad price?

BladeVenom said:
I would prefer an inexpensive new one over a used one, but is that really such a bad price?
I guess when you factor in thats only 12gb, DVD, 192MB and P3 750mhz plus a battery that doesnt work its a bad deal :rolleyes:

I look for a IBM T20/21/22. THe old thinkpads were nice, they have a DVD drive, every part is buyable through ebay, and I here the work pretty well. On another note I got a used Ibook 12.1 G3 800 for 349

I just got a hand me down *free* from my sister... I like it well enough that I would buy it, so I'm going to recommend it to you. I really wanted a laptop, and was going to ebay one in supplement of my desktop, just like you. It's a Dell Latitude L400. P3 700MHz 256mb of RAM. It's slow, but all my power stuff I do on my desktop anyway.

My college Algebra book is heavier than it, same thickness (i think it's about an inch thick), and roughly the same length and width. This laptop is tiny and light, I love it. The fan is noisy, but that's because it's old. I ebayed a new one for $12. I'm gonna newegg a new hard drive for it, for more room and to be a little faster.

When I was shopping for one, I had my sights on a thinkpad... however, the mouse on those is the little rubber 'pencil eraser' thing in the middle of the keyboard. No bueno. This dell has the touchpad. No drives other than the hard drive. It has a port on the back to hook up a cd-rom or floopy drive to it, if need be. I got 1 of each of those for free with it, and haven't used them yet except for when I formatted it and put 2k Pro on it.

Good luck in your search!

Vengance_01 said:
I look for a IBM T20/21/22. THe old thinkpads were nice, they have a DVD drive, every part is buyable through ebay, and I here the work pretty well. On another note I got a used Ibook 12.1 G3 800 for 349
I liked everything i saw in the T2x series except the eraser dealy thing in the keyboard, instead of a touchpad. I figure my grand total after buying a battery and factoring shipping and handling is about $350. Still a sucky bargain?

Back