Finally upgraded - Windows 8 to Windows 7, a gamers point of view

It's pretty clear that pcjunkie doesn't really have any argument left and he's now fighting for the "last word" to come out of this with at least some sense of accomplishment for his troubles.

LOL...you really haven't been paying attention at all have you? All you can muster is one last irrelevant insult. nice... :p

I see the Windows 8 fan boys are still going strong even after trying to get back on topic. They really need to close this thread.

But if its closed then we don't get to eat popcorn and watch!

What you call insult, I call an observation.

I should have stated it was more like trolling since you had nothing worthwhile left to say...try actually adding something relevant to this thread....I doubt you can.

I should have stated it was more like trolling since you had nothing worthwhile left to say...try actually adding something relevant to this thread....I doubt you can.

That's been tried. And you replied with hurt feelings:

Jesus Christmas the Win 8 fan boys finally find one useful thing better vs Windows 7 and they go from defense to full retard. I guess most of us will have to suffer on with Windows 7 even though it plays the game just fine.

Wonderful, then we an all move along, be friends and not luck the thread.

Do you have a source for this? Or is this guess work based on nothing more than your misguided opinion?

Because I've got a developer tweet I can link you that says Windows 8 will still be the fastest, at least until Mantle.

Shoosh. Its clear DICE understands Win7 is still the most widespread (51% versus Win8's 15% at least according to Steam HW survey -- thats more than 3:1 Win7 to Win8 users) and the proof is they've been patching the beta like crazy to correct the optimization oversights that Win7 began the beta with.

Again, I said the performance diff will be negligible. My point all along in the BF4 threads here has been people should wait for retail and review the benchmarks before just kneejerk buying Win8. Then people can decide for themselves if the FPS delta - if any - is worth the $110-$200 cost of Win8 versus, say, putting that same money toward something more tangible like a new GPU or other hardware.

Last edited:
I never had any problems with Windows 8. Got it for free from school, installed it and haven't looked back. It takes all of one click to exit metro to the desktop, and 8.1 will even fix that.

Minus the GFWL nonsense (which only dark souls for me) every single game on steam has worked flawlessly, even a game that would continuously crash on windows 7 for me (Final Fantasy XIV)

The most overlooked mouse features of Win 8 are the "quick corners," especially the lower left. I can get from the control panel, to command prompts, to the run command, to powering off really quick. Plus it works while I'm doing other things. I find myself wishing that was on my Win 7 machine at work.

Just installed windows 8.1. Still no issues to report :)

You must be the first in Windows 8 history to report that...that goes for every other OS as well I guses? No different than XP to Vista huh? Get one of your friends to test useability from XP to Vista then Win 7 to Win8 and see how they shit when they can't find the real desktop or know hot corners/swiping. ;)

Ah...I see you edited your post...good man. ;)

I got Windows 8 with my new build, even though I've used it prior on non-gaming systems, I like it enough to warrant having it on my gaming PC. No regrets. Plan on doing the 8.1 update later today.

You must be the first in Windows 8 history to report that...that goes for every other OS as well I guses? No different than XP to Vista huh? Get one of your friends to test useability from XP to Vista then Win 7 to Win8 and see how they shit when they can't find the real desktop or know hot corners/swiping. ;)

Ah...I see you edited your post...good man. ;)

I'm not having any issues yet either on 4 separate machines. ;)

No issues here on at least half a dozen machines that I have installed for friends/family. I had an issue with a video driver but that was resolved with an update. /shrug

no issues for me with windows 8.

Have been using for a while now on both HTPC, previously gaming pc, and now gaming/htpc combo! :p

Bullshit....no OS is perfect without any issues. Nice try everyone. :rolleyes:

It's not perfect, I had to rely on 3rd party software to get me a start menu. No issues that keep me from playing any games. All run well, none crash. IE11 support is also lacking currently, again, not game breaking. Plenty of other browsers to use I'm situations like that.

Back