Finally Upgraded, and WOW!

Empty_Quarter

2[H]4U
I've been using a D60 (w/ kit lens + other entry-level lenses) for the past couple of years. It didn't take long for me to outgrow it and found it very limiting.

I've been eyeing the D7000 for a while, and today I finally got one.

I walked in with the intention of getting the D7000 with its 18-105 kit lens, but after a long discussion with the salesman, and checking out all my options and how they met my needs, I walked out with the D7000 with a tamron 17-50 f/2.8 (non-VR). Aside from the lens improvement over kit lens, the build quality of this lens is a night-and-day improvement over nikon's kit lenses.

It certainly blew my budget by a couple hundred bucks, but WOW the pictures are so much better! I certainly do not regret it! I'm only sorry that I didn't get it sooner.

Now I can take pics and be pleased with the quality :D. I'll never go back to the budget/entry-level stuff o.o....

Never used the D7000 but I love the tamron 17-50. But agreed, just never move to the pro stuff, just one more step you wont back from ;)

Damn! Those are some amazing shots! That is some of my favorite kind of photography I love the night time skyline photos. Epic

D7000 is a very nice camera. I had that and the 24-120 f/4 VR and it was a very nice combination. Good choice on the Tamron also. The kit lens is junk.

Back