Finally took the plunge

lolivegarden

Weaksauce
Hi,

I've been a long time lurker and finally took the plunge, just bought these:

RAM
Mobo

I have a 250GB laptop HD and a 500GB desktop HD both sata which I plan to attach to it.
I also bought a MCE usb IR receiver.

Here's my issue. I have a remote , an HP mediasmart remote which sends out media center commands. Problem is, my tv responds to those commands, it's a media smart tv. So how am I going to separate the two? Any ideas? can the PC be programmed as an aux device? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Is there anyway to tell the TV to ignore those commands like you can with an Xbox 360?

Whats the model number of that tv?

Oh, and go with Wiretaps guide and setup up Windows 7 on that board, it works great. I have one now as my main HTPC.

Thanks for the reply, the tv is model number: SL4782N
Here's the manual

But I haven't seen that option. Oh, and I plan on using that guide, I have an msdn account so x86 (codec compatibility) Windows 7 is going on there.

Shitty, I didn't see anything in the manual either. If you could return the USB IR device, you could get a remote that uses a different set of codes than the MCE ones.

Or another thought is, if you're not using the built in TV speakers for sound and you dont mind getting up to turn the TV on and off you could tape over the IR sensor so it doesnt get any signal from the remote.

That's a good idea, what I'm also thinking is that maybe there's a way to have the PC blast the IR code to the TV to turn on! This is the receiver I bought.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I guess for this I would have to use two remotes, if it does work. Is there anyway I can have the PC turn on and off the TV with the blaster? that way I can just cover the IR receiver.

I'm not using the tv for anything else.

and my remote currently does not seem to have a DVD Menu button. I've tried a bunch of button combinations to no avail.

Back