Finally think I landed a good chip - 10700k

For the first time in a build I think I landed me a solid chip. I am still working on the overclock, nothing to crazy, but I'm happy with how its going so far. This is how I sit now. I am curious as to what others are getting for OC's on 10700k
HWID.jpg

Confirm you are at manual voltage, lock in that 1.266 vcore, are 100mhz all core, test.
Incrementally raise your voltage to hit whatever your theoretical max clock is.
No idea what cooling, Mobo model, psu, ram, etc you have.

Whatever the max all core comfy clock you find on the way to maxed out voltage/temps/clocks/stable power delivery is your sweet spot for your build.

Not full screaming throttle, but wherever you don't have fans howling and actual improvements in some benchmark I set as my top.

Then I'll setup adaptive voltage with that sweet spot is upper limit, and my box can downclock when I'm idling.

Confirm you are at manual voltage, lock in that 1.266 vcore, are 100mhz all core, test.
Incrementally raise your voltage to hit whatever your theoretical max clock is.
No idea what cooling, Mobo model, psu, ram, etc you have.

Whatever the max all core comfy clock you find on the way to maxed out voltage/temps/clocks/stable power delivery is your sweet spot for your build.

Not full screaming throttle, but wherever you don't have fans howling and actual improvements in some benchmark I set as my top.

Then I'll setup adaptive voltage with that sweet spot is upper limit, and my box can downclock when I'm idling.

I've got it to only to clock up during load. LLC is 4, offset is -.045v. held steady at 67c, with normal spikes on an hour of occt. Working on further undervolting it.
Here's my rig.
received_728191231063140.jpeg

My definition of golden is diff than "all core raging max clock trying to melt a hole in your floor".

I think you've got a good cpu if you find that it's easy to manage year round. It hit 115f here 2 days in a row due to fires. I had my all core pegged profile loaded in, then got off gaming bc of a work thing. I come back later and it's locked up and my home office is sweltering.

Give adaptive voltage some thought if you're anywhere near wildfires or unusual heat.

My definition of golden is diff than "all core raging max clock trying to melt a hole in your floor".

I think you've got a good cpu if you find that it's easy to manage year round. It hit 115f here 2 days in a row due to fires. I had my all core pegged profile loaded in, then got off gaming bc of a work thing. I come back later and it's locked up and my home office is sweltering.

Give adaptive voltage some thought if you're anywhere near wildfires or unusual heat.

I was thinking of pushing it to the max, since my oc is actually really small 200mhz, but I decided against going for the moon and trying a moderate clock while reducing the power. I'm not sure I'd say I have a golden chip, would need to see if I hit say 5.2+, but I am happy with how it's going. I still want to try and pull another 400mhz on my ram, and see where I can push my 2070 to. Oh also am in Colorado so ya weather can be a bit crazy here haha.

Find the max, note the temps your setup can handle, note voltage bumps and when it becomes a lot to get it stable.
Roll it back to wherever it was “comfy”.
I tended to see way less resource overhead in games vs synthetic tests fwiw.

Last edited:
Back