Finally some good news for Fury X!

SpeedyVV

Supreme [H]ardness
As a new AMD fanboi I feel compelled to post this.

Despite what we might have expected going in, the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X actually scaled in CrossFire better than the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti. This comes not only in terms of average frame rate increases, but also in lower frame time variances that result in a smoother gaming experience. In several cases the extra scalability demonstrated by the Fury X allowed its dual-GPU performance to surpass a pair of GTX 980 Ti cards even though in a single GPU configuration the GeForce card was the winner.

Only one new release tested in which the 980 ti SLi is laying the smack down on fury x cfx. Rest games are from 2 years or older. Not sure if I will call this good news. Wake me up when someone tests games that matter today like GTA V, Dying Light, Mordor, Farcry 4, Ass Creed Unity, Hardline, Dragon Age, Witcher 3 and so on.

I've had multiGPU from both vendors and I didn't care for either SLI or Crossfire. I cringe when I think of going crossfire and relying on AMD drivers (or nVidia for that matter).

What's interesting is three way Fury X ran like 2 way 1/3 the time at 1440P.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...Ti-2-and-3-Way-Multi-GPU-Performance/Crysis-3

Then at 4k it did just fine... besides the massive pauses both teams had.

Last edited:
DejaVu 290X vs GTX 780. :eek: XDMA will always be an advantage over SLI bridge.

Fury X cards seem to be Crossfire scaling monsters the more cards you add, even up to 4x cards. There is another thread about this.

Now if could only gets my hands on 1 card to begin with I'll be glad.

So to unlock the full potential of Fiji you just have to pay $1300-$2600. What a bargain...

So to unlock the full potential of Fiji you just have to pay $1300-$2600. What a bargain...

With only 2 competitors left in the consumer graphics card business this is what happens, prices go up. Still a better bargain than $4,000+ on titan x cards though, which don't really scale very well at all past 2 cards though.

lol, count me out. pretty happy with a $50 2gb 6950... When a 390x comes down to $250 i might upgrade.

I guess this is really only of interest for people trying to get good results in 4K.

Mind you, I'd agree with KickAssCop. More testing is required.

But hey, at least this is the 1st Fury based review that did not depress me ;-)

Its getting close to time to upgrade my hydrocopper 780's. I was seriously goign to go buy 2 fury's but the size of the cards was honestly a turn off... In my case it would be a serious case of dwarfism. I never thought i'd say that but i think im going for 980's.

edit: this post is really keeping me in the AMD ballpark though

Yep SLI is due for an overhaul.

I am mostly indifferent to SLI's poor performance as I intend to stick to a single card as my 980 ti overclocks to 1530+ and I game at 3440×1440.

Are we reading the same articles (talking about pcper)? The only game where the Fury X had a decisive lead was Metro Last Light. Everything else is a wash with only one new game tested GTA V where 980 Ti is destroying Fury X. If 980 Ti is overclocked to 1400 MHz (minimum most cards are achieving) it gains an additional 10-20% depending on game. If you overclock Fury X you gain 5%. In any 2 way scenario the 980 Ti will be faster.

Don't care about 3 way so just ignored those results altogether.

Good news for Fury.
However, the multiple cards market being a niche, I am not sure that this will have a significant impact on sales.

Well the one from pcworld was fury not fury x vs the 980TI, so not so bad after all, pcper was most for they tested frametimes and stuff on the fury. So both articles is possitve with the Fury and Fury x. At lest nothing to be depressed over if you ar a fan of team red :)

Well, KickAssCop, i just still find it interesting how it goes with the blue,green and red team, still read evry artickel i find on the net, but i havnt been a gamer since the days of dune2000 and general. I belong as a fan of team red, but well for the time beeing team red is totally beaten bye team blue, but still make some decent swings against team green. But god how boring it will be to read hardwaresites if its only team green and blue left.

So if i find a modern game in the same genre as dune and general, i maybe start gaming again, maybe see if the clan Fighters of Honor can rise again :)

Edit:
And the game must play well on a complete team red rig :). and i have to be abel to use only the mouse, because i need my beer hand free...

Last edited:
Back