Finally! How's this OC look to you?

rage4order

Gawd
Looks like I finally figured out about the HT, dividers, multipliers, etc. I've got my A64 3000+ running at 2.3 Ghz and the rest of the details are in the screen shots. Is this a pretty good oc? I ran Prime95 for about 6 hours and didn't get any errors and temp was only about 39C so I may try to go a little more cause I know my memory can handle 215 Mhz, but I'm pretty happy with where I'm at now. Now, I'm thinking about trying to oc my vid card :D . Comments? Suggestions?

screenshot.jpg

I'd say that getting a 500Mhz O/C from an A64 is good.

congrats.....

You are running 1.65V and your temperature is only 39C? Is that idle temp? If so what's your load (Prime95) temperature?

keekles.gif

...it's not at all stable at that speed, but it's fun to look at

Just did some temp checks. CPU is 39C @ idle and I've been running Prime95 for about 1 1/2 hours now and so far temp hasn't gone above 49C. Just one question though, I read that you shouldn't sacrifice CPU speed for memory speed. Is that right? Like I said, my memory was running at 430Mhz(215 X 2) and 1:1 with the CPU, but I lowered it some when I changed the dividers.

rage4order said:
Just did some temp checks. CPU is 39C @ idle and I've been running Prime95 for about 1 1/2 hours now and so far temp hasn't gone above 49C. Just one question though, I read that you shouldn't sacrifice CPU speed for memory speed. Is that right? Like I said, my memory was running at 430Mhz(215 X 2) and 1:1 with the CPU, but I lowered it some when I changed the dividers.

The ondie memory controller does alot to make up for async memory dividers. As long as you aren't running your memory under 200mhz, you should be fine.

I have my 3200+ winnie which is stock at 2.0 and I've gotten mine to 2.68 stable...

U HAX0R said:
WTH ? I have the EXACT SAME cpu, and it's stock at 2.0 ghz ... more of a 300mhz OC to me ...
edited cause i forgot something

yeah, you have a point there, stock speed for a 3000+ newcastle = 2.0ghz.
if it were clawhammer though, it would be a 500mhz overclock. ;)
(ozzie got confused i think :p)

rage4order said:
Looks like I finally figured out about the HT, dividers, multipliers, etc. I've got my A64 3000+ running at 2.3 Ghz and the rest of the details are in the screen shots. Is this a pretty good oc? I ran Prime95 for about 6 hours and didn't get any errors and temp was only about 39C so I may try to go a little more cause I know my memory can handle 215 Mhz, but I'm pretty happy with where I'm at now. Now, I'm thinking about trying to oc my vid card :D . Comments? Suggestions?

Firstly, congrats.
Secondly, what HS are you using? I have the exact same CPU, and am idling at a stupidly high 47/48C and load at around 55C. I really need to get this sorted.

memphis_1220 said:
Firstly, congrats.
Secondly, what HS are you using? I have the exact same CPU, and am idling at a stupidly high 47/48C and load at around 55C. I really need to get this sorted.
the neo has temp problems. even with bios 1.5

i can run at 1.45 +3% and load will rise to 51-52c before prime crashes
then i bump it up to 1.5 +3% cause it's not stable and presto, 46c load temps.

that makes sense doesn't it? more heat = cooler temps :confused:

Thanks to all the replies and suggestions! So it looks like I finally got it right then :D .
Also, I'm just using stock HS. Hell, before I OC'd I was in the low 30's for temp at idle. I have one intake fan and two exhaust fans, so the circulation is really good in my box.
BTW, 8 hours of Prime95 and no errors- temp @ 47C.
Gamerz- SWEEEEET oc!

TheGamerZ said:
cpuz.jpg

... it is stable at that speed, and it's fun to play with

i blame my ram. i paid out the ass for it and it's barely stable at 200mhz.

Back