Finally forced to upgrade, and unique way of cleaning old case :)

Heheheh...I use my "baby" unit for all kinds of stuff like that (although I don't smoke and would never let my gear get like that:eek::eek::eek:)...My Mi-T-M unit would cut that case in half, let alone the side panels..I have to admit I kept waiting for the acrylic to crack but you were smart enough not to use a 0 degree nozzle unlike most people.;)

I did something similar yesterday but I just washed it in the shower. (Live in APT)

Took everything out, took case apart, took fans apart, even power supply fan and power supply cover, Coolermaster Hyper 212, washed all the small stuff in a bucket. Almost too clean to use now!

Ok the reason this is going in the Case Mod Gallery is not because of the upgrades I was forced into a few days ago, it's going here because of the Unique way I cleaned the old Thermaltake V8000 case. ;)

Think High Pressure then watch the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yc_2ksPAw0#t=204

Heh. I heard you mention compressed air. :) way back, over 20 years ago, my local Fire Brigade had a load of ICL DRS M60 PCs (PC AT clones) which were filthy inside. I asked if they had any compressed air and they brought out a tank off a breathing apparatus... Whoosh!

But I think you have a bit of a clear-up job to do there quite apart from the PC.

Local computer shop used compressed air and destroyed many systems.

I can't believe how dirty some computers get especially if a smoker in the house. I have seen literally like black tar inside fan housings that makes me sick to think of what that does to a person's lungs. Gross stuff.

Yeah its pretty disgusting.

The smoke and nicotine mixes with the dust and makes this dark brown gooey compound. Almost like Hashish. I used to smoke back when I was a teenager & had to deal with that crap many times. Never again!.

And if that's what your computer looks like then just imagine what your lungs look like...damn.

Yeah not a good idea to be smoking in the room you have your electronics. They kill its lifespan quite a bit

Yah know I had no idea this got as many posts as it did :) 2.5 yrs later it may be time to tear puter apart and power wash it again.

;)

Back