Finally done - custom CPU loop in Corsair 760T

compcons

Limp Gawd
I finally finished my first custom loop build. I had to 3D print some brackets for the reservoir straps as well as a plate to hold the pump. I went straight (no pun intended) for bending the tubing rather than doing 90 degree bends and couplers. It was a fun experience and I appreciate the forum for the help I got along the way. The case is a Corsair 760T that I picked up locally and most of the WC stuff came form [H] members. Thanks!

This is a fully functional workstation so I had to make concessions on aesthetics. With 4x4 TB HDDs, 4x SSDs, 3xM.2 drives, and a Blu-ray burner run by a Threadripper on an EATX board, things got a bit tight but I made it work.

For the record, I am not fond of the blue, but the stupid RGB Fusion software won't let me change my Lian Li Bora Lite fans so I set it all to blue.

Threadripper_Corsiar760T.jpg

I finally finished my first custom loop build. I had to 3D print some brackets for the reservoir straps as well as a plate to hold the pump. I went straight (no pun intended) for bending the tubing rather than doing 90 degree bends and couplers. It was a fun experience and I appreciate the forum for the help I got along the way. The case is a Corsair 760T that I picked up locally and most of the WC stuff came form [H] members. Thanks!

This is a fully functional workstation so I had to make concessions on aesthetics. With 4x4 TB HDDs, 4x SSDs, 3xM.2 drives, and a Blu-ray burner run by a Threadripper on an EATX board, things got a bit tight but I made it work.

For the record, I am not fond of the blue, but the stupid RGB Fusion software won't let me change my Lian Li Bora Lite fans so I set it all to blue.

View attachment 231370
I applaud you for jumping straight into bent hard tube, that's the same route I took on my first water cooled rig and I've never looked back. Your rig turned out nice, congrats on getting it done!

I applaud you for jumping straight into bent hard tube, that's the same route I took on my first water cooled rig and I've never looked back. Your rig turned out nice, congrats on getting it done!
Thanks. Having to custom make some parts to fit it in was a bit of a challenge on top of the tubing work. I wasn't able to get the exact bends/angles I would have preferred but space was a little tight. I would recommend a couple of precision rulers to make things easier. I did a lot of tweak cuts and probably wasted at least 6 inches of tubing and gave up a foot if I had been efficient.

Thanks. Having to custom make some parts to fit it in was a bit of a challenge on top of the tubing work. I wasn't able to get the exact bends/angles I would have preferred but space was a little tight. I would recommend a couple of precision rulers to make things easier. I did a lot of tweak cuts and probably wasted at least 6 inches of tubing and gave up a foot if I had been efficient.

Wasting 6 inches is great compared to my method - I'll buy twice what I think I'll need and re-do entire pieces. If I bend a tube that's not just right, I'll re-heat and mangle it until it's just right, then use that as a pattern for the "good" one.

So kudos on efficient bending, too!

Now I am thinking of GPU cooling. Maybe adding a second loop for the GPU ("challenging") or working it into the existing loop ("easy"). I might be able to squeeze a radiator in with the rear fan with a small reservoir somewhere but its tight everywhere. I keep reading that as long as the radiator is sufficient, a GPU/CPU loop isn't an issue but I have concerns.

Generally, I have come to realize that most of those pristine loops that look so good don't have any real storage space. I wont give up the spots for my 6x 3.5" (4 occupied) drives or the 4x 2.5" SSD locations. I guess this is what makes the challenge. The spot where aesthetics meets 16 cores, 16 TB hdd, 2+ TB SSD and 1TB NMVE meets is an awful place in this case. Time to take some measurements.

Back