Finally Confirmed: An Asteroid Wiped Out the Dinosaurs

I really would like to know your actual source that shows that "Christians and republicans" say that dinosaurs didn't exist.

I have never heard that before.

I'm not even going to bother posting any sources if you really have not heard any of the Bullshit both of those groups try to pull to get evolution replaced with creationism in our schools I really don't know what to tell you.

Google is your friend go get your own source there are plenty...

But this can't be true the Christians and republicans told its dinosaurs didn't exist and we know they never lie. This meteor was clearly planted millions of years ago as phony evidence by liberals and Satan.

Actually, there's theoretical evidence of dinosaurs IN the Bible. Please understand a religion more before posting your dim-witted comments.

Having taken many science classes in college (minor in Geology) and my brother also majoring in physics, we actually have a hard time taking revelations like this to heart. Things we thought were right, were actually wrong and things we don't know, we assume there's an answer.

In a way, it's like religion. Anyway, I'm a Christian and believe in creationism but to the degree that God created a full system that created itself. Theories of evolution, tectonic activities, all remain the same. I just believe God set it all in motion. Since we can't prove the 10th dimension, it remains an item to discover or theorize about.

So, cool news, but just hard to say, "Yep, they nailed it!' when I've seen what goes into scientific research.

THere is no proof, only speculation folks. Its just a theory like evolution and no the earth is not only 6000 years old.

TRUTH: we can only speculate and form hypothesis. No scientific records from scientists or historians from the dinosaur era, no solid evidence and much games in the scientific community regarding dates.

The good old scientific dating game has been alive and well now for years and perpetuated by less than ethical practices to be certain.

Until some huge asteriod crashes into the planet and we can have some factually recorded data on the outcome, all statements regarding what happened in the distant past and how distant that past was is purely hypothetical.

Until then folks, keep on speculating.
:D

This sounds more like a group of scientists trying to claim other people's theories for themselves. By 'confirming them'. Of course that could be the story's author's doing and not the intent of the scientists themselves.

THere is no proof, only speculation folks. Its just a theory like evolution and no the earth is not only 6000 years old.

TRUTH: we can only speculate and form hypothesis. No scientific records from scientists or historians from the dinosaur era, no solid evidence and much games in the scientific community regarding dates.

The good old scientific dating game has been alive and well now for years and perpetuated by less than ethical practices to be certain.

Until some huge asteriod crashes into the planet and we can have some factually recorded data on the outcome, all statements regarding what happened in the distant past and how distant that past was is purely hypothetical.

Until then folks, keep on speculating.
:D

There's more proof to evolution then there is for the theory of gravity. When you get to the small scale, such as atoms and molecules, gravity seems to stop operating completely and scientists can't explain that.

There have been documented cases of "speciation", the creating of a new species or a species splitting into two new distinct species that can no longer breed fertile offspring together. Two examples were witnessed that I'm aware of, one with fruit flies and another of finches. That's basically one of the more important parts of evolution.

Also, evolution isn't always going from an "inferior" species to a "superior" species, it's a long form of natural selection that is heavily induced by the environment. Most often it's a trait that some of the species has that gives them an advantage in the environment, and they would have a much higher chance to breed than the members of the species without the advantage. After numerous generations, the members of the species without the advantage would either have died off, or be a very small minority of the species population.

I'd love to see a christian website refute this. Does anyone have one?

Also, everyone knows the earth is only 6,000 years old. Science. Flawed.

true Christians don't believe that nonsense.... the Bible doesn't say the earth is only 6000 years old and actually doesn't mention dinosaurs whatsoever (no, fundamentalists.... just... no)

It does mention resurrection and bearded dudes living past 200 years of age. Also mentions a woman sprouting from a man's rib, a ship large enough to hold two of every species (except the dinosaurs, because fuck dinosaurs), etc.

I reckon that whole 'the earth is only 6,000 years old' thing fits right in with the rest of it :p

Actually, there's theoretical evidence of dinosaurs IN the Bible. Please understand a religion more before posting your dim-witted comments.

that's wrong, quote me the scriptures so i can laugh (job 40? Isaiah 27? just don't do it)

It does mention resurrection and bearded dudes living past 200 years of age. Also mentions a woman sprouting from a man's rib, a ship large enough to hold two of every species (except the dinosaurs, because fuck dinosaurs), etc.

I reckon that whole 'the earth is only 6,000 years old' thing fits right in with the rest of it :p

cute, but it doesn't.... also a fun fact, there were people 900+ years old in the Bible....

21 So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. 22 The Lord God [a]fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.

Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth.

yadda yadda yadda.

Actually, there is a vague description of a "behemoth". But either way the dim witted comment was the one that took my words out of context to ignore the point i was making.

The dinosaurs were extinct due to the Aztec's wrong apocalypse predictions.

You mean the Mayans. Yeah they were off by some several million years.

I still think the Mayans were trying to make Oreos but ultimately gave up until someone from Nabisco (National Biscuit Company at the time) figured out a way to make it edible in 1912.

Off the coast of Mexico, huh? I've always thought it was the Barringer Crater in Arizona. We dodged a bullet when a meteor hit Siberia not too long ago.

But this can't be true the Christians and republicans told its dinosaurs didn't exist and we know they never lie. This meteor was clearly planted millions of years ago as phony evidence by liberals and Satan.

Damnit, someone beat me to it.

There's more proof to evolution then there is for the theory of gravity. When you get to the small scale, such as atoms and molecules, gravity seems to stop operating completely and scientists can't explain that.

There have been documented cases of "speciation", the creating of a new species or a species splitting into two new distinct species that can no longer breed fertile offspring together. Two examples were witnessed that I'm aware of, one with fruit flies and another of finches. That's basically one of the more important parts of evolution.

Also, evolution isn't always going from an "inferior" species to a "superior" species, it's a long form of natural selection that is heavily induced by the environment. Most often it's a trait that some of the species has that gives them an advantage in the environment, and they would have a much higher chance to breed than the members of the species without the advantage. After numerous generations, the members of the species without the advantage would either have died off, or be a very small minority of the species population.
So much use of the logical fallacy of equivocation in here. Amazing.

Evolution and natural selection are not interchangeable terms. I like how you threw "speciation" in there, also, as if it was evolution, when it is not.

Comparing an operational science theory (like gravity) and a historical science theory (like evolution) was interesting, also, but fallacious and intended to confuse the matter.

Unfortunately, evolution has not once been observed occurring in an operational setting. Again, speciation is not evolution. Bacteria that have been observed to change what they consume did not evolve but already had the mechanism within them to switch how they get energy from their environment, and were able to switch back. I say this because it is the most common instance that people try to bring up.

Evolution has also never contributed to any advances in science. Sorry, but it hasn't.

Information being added to a genome has never once been observed either. Mutations always remove genetic information.

eh... I have a hard time believe that every dinosaur on the planet was wiped out completely, yet all the mammals, reptiles, birds, & fish managed to survive. While an asteroid probably wiped out most of them, I think they simply fell by the wayside due to evolution. That or paleontologists simply made up some silly rules that differ dinosaurs from reptiles, and some are still around. I mean shit when I was a kid the Brontosaurs was a real dinosaur, dinosaurs were cold blooded not warm, and none of them had feathers.

Yep, I recently watched some episode of something (possibly Nova) and there definitely is holes in the theory. Mostly, what happened after the impact is I think pretty much a guess. Also there is plenty of evidence that many dinosaur species lived long after the impact and it was much more of a slow decline to extinction, like hundreds of thousands of years. Much more gradual than most people think about when they think that an asteroid killed the dinosaurs.

LIES!

1) Dinosaurs didn't go extinct, they evolved and are the most abundant life form on Earth at this time (birds).

2) According to history channel, it wasn't an asteroid, it was ancient aliens. Its the history channel, so it must be true history.

So much use of the logical fallacy of equivocation in here. Amazing.

Evolution and natural selection are not interchangeable terms. I like how you threw "speciation" in there, also, as if it was evolution, when it is not.

Comparing an operational science theory (like gravity) and a historical science theory (like evolution) was interesting, also, but fallacious and intended to confuse the matter.

Unfortunately, evolution has not once been observed occurring in an operational setting. Again, speciation is not evolution. Bacteria that have been observed to change what they consume did not evolve but already had the mechanism within them to switch how they get energy from their environment, and were able to switch back. I say this because it is the most common instance that people try to bring up.

Evolution has also never contributed to any advances in science. Sorry, but it hasn't.

Information being added to a genome has never once been observed either. Mutations always remove genetic information.

Evolution is critical to understanding biology and medicine. Not sure why you said that. It may not benefit you, but it's very ignorant to write off evolution as a whole.

Evolution is critical to understanding biology and medicine. Not sure why you said that. It may not benefit you, but it's very ignorant to write off evolution as a whole.

I always liked the statement, "Evolution, it's why you have to get a Flu shot every year" :D

I always liked the statement, "Evolution, it's why you have to get a Flu shot every year" :D

Haha! Well it's not just that, but even viruses, bacteria and other bugs evolve. The study of evolution also helps us predict how these bugs will become resistant to medicine.

Haha! Well it's not just that, but even viruses, bacteria and other bugs evolve. The study of evolution also helps us predict how these bugs will become resistant to medicine.
The movie "evolution" was also oddly hilarious.

You're a bit confused. Gallup polls say that 60% of republicans and 40% of independents and 38% of democrats believe in creationism. There's nothing there for any group to be proud of. Less than 20% of all three groups believe in evolution not directed by a diety

Creationism isn't unique to christians; there is also a muslim creationism movement.

Creationism is a religious issue, not a political issue.

You're a bit confused. Gallup polls say that 60% of republicans and 40% of independents and 38% of democrats believe in creationism. There's nothing there for any group to be proud of. Less than 20% of all three groups believe in evolution not directed by a diety

Creationism isn't unique to christians; there is also a muslim creationism movement.

Creationism is a religious issue, not a political issue.

Tell that to Santorum and the other nuts who tries to shove their beliefs down everyone else's throats.

Evolution is a historical science and has never benefited operational science. Please show where it has directly affected the outcome of an area of operational science.

Evolution is a historical science and has never benefited operational science. Please show where it has directly affected the outcome of an area of operational science.

I'll leave this question to our resident biologists on this forum.

Anyone want to take this?

Reshuffling of existing information is not the addition of information, which is what evolution purports to do. Bacteria can become resistant, but only at the expense of information that is lost.

Yay, another creation vs evolution debate :rolleyes:

Bring on the plethora of bad science and extrapolation of little to no data in defense/attack of arguments! :D

LIES!

1) Dinosaurs didn't go extinct, they evolved and are the most abundant life form on Earth at this time (birds).
In terms of biomass and shear numbers that record is held by insects. They also account for 80% of the living species on this planet. It is believed that ants are the most successful as they account for 25% of the insect biomass.

Yay, another creation vs evolution debate :rolleyes:

Bring on the plethora of bad science and extrapolation of little to no data in defense/attack of arguments! :D

I'm sure there is some way this can be turned into a fantails vs comets discussion ... maybe comets were created by the big G while fantails evolved in the big D's workshop or something :p

So now we can dismiss the value of all historical sciences :eek: ... that does simplify the science curriculum once you get rid of archeology, paleontology, geology, etc :rolleyes: ... understanding Natural Selection (a key element of Evolution) is useful when we start engaging in wholesale manipulation of plant and animal genes in GMOs (and probably eventually in humans one of these days) ;)

How did the Dinosaurs evolve into birds if they were entirely wiped out (there are a bunch of older things too like crocodiles and horseshoe crabs)? They were either partially wiped out ooor shens! You can't be partially wiped out, it's an all of nothing kind of word, so shens! :p

I'm sure there is some way this can be turned into a fantails vs comets discussion ... maybe comets were created by the big G while fantails evolved in the big D's workshop or something :p

Pfft, we all know that all goldfish were created by the great and powerful Oceanus and Tethys. The original goldfish were all comets and they were all perfect. Later, one of the comets was tricked by Osiris in to eating a forbidden apple, bring about the fall of creatures. Then Amun came along and was saddened by the state of the comets and took pity on them, so by removing one scale from each and every comet, he created fantails, a lesser form of goldfish created for the amusement of comets. Now, as time went on, the fantails became more oppressed under the rule of their comet masters and rose against them. Many goldfish died in the wars that ensued from the uprising. Allah, who was sleeping at the time, woke up to find a lot of dead goldfish in his bowl and demanded to know what happened from the leader of the comets, upon hearing the news of the uprising and bloodshed, he was so enraged that he split fantails from their comet masters as punishment to the comets for oppressing the fantails, but then as punishment to the fantails for being poor servants and spilling the blood of the comets, they were cast down and shunned.

Give it a few thousand years, then we come today and it becomes clear why comet goldfish are the superior choice for any goldfish owner.

How did the Dinosaurs evolve into birds if they were entirely wiped out (there are a bunch of older things too like crocodiles and horseshoe crabs)? They were either partially wiped out ooor shens! You can't be partially wiped out, it's an all of nothing kind of word, so shens! :p

ALIENS of course :D ... here's another theory on those wacky Dinos

pope-dinosaur-extinction.jpg

So now we can dismiss the value of all historical sciences :eek: ... that does simplify the science curriculum once you get rid of archeology, paleontology, geology, etc :rolleyes: ... understanding Natural Selection (a key element of Evolution) is useful when we start engaging in wholesale manipulation of plant and animal genes in GMOs (and probably eventually in humans one of these days) ;)
I did not dismiss it at all. I merely inferred that it nothing about it can be replicated, so it is not operational. Nice attempt at a strawman, though.

Back