Finally......AMD Ryzen Mini PC's

I did see that AMD has ITX cards now in the form of RX 5500 8Gb and RX5600 6Gb when i thnk of a mini PC

GF wants a small PC sort of like a laptop but for TV use at home as a casual/billing, youtube/music and possibly some light gaming every now and then PC.. might be perfect.
I've been using things like these for a while; it's basically a laptop with no battery and screen, works great if you have a desktop lifestyle and laptop performance needs (it's like the opposite of the 17" aircraft carrier sized gaming laptops); not very [H]ard though, and airflow can be tricky cause they're so small. If your monitor has vesa mounts, you can put most of these on the back and save a little space. I've got an eye on these, but also Asrock is supposed to be putting out an updated Deskmini to work with the Renoir desktop parts.

I've been using things like these for a while; it's basically a laptop with no battery and screen, works great if you have a desktop lifestyle and laptop performance needs (it's like the opposite of the 17" aircraft carrier sized gaming laptops); not very [H]ard though, and airflow can be tricky cause they're so small. If your monitor has vesa mounts, you can put most of these on the back and save a little space. I've got an eye on these, but also Asrock is supposed to be putting out an updated Deskmini to work with the Renoir desktop parts.
Picked up a nice SFF for my neighbor that just does some word processing and some light browsing. Perfect use case, she didn't need awesome high end power. I think these would also be great for travel, but I have 2 mini ITX's to chose from for that task, and my son likes to bring his full size ATX around when we travel, so not as pressing for me, but if you had a flight it would probably be great. Excited to see AMD finally getting into this space that's been Intel forever.

Ooohh, interesting. Too bad I just upgraded my AMD server to a lower power chip, otherwise this might be fun to play with.

some of these are starting to look interesting.. built a work PC for a family friend using a 3400g and gigabyte b450i pro wifi because the options for triple display support out of intel mini pc's was abysmal. may end up replacing it with one of these and just using that system as an HTPC.

some of these are starting to look interesting.. built a work PC for a family friend using a 3400g and gigabyte b450i pro wifi because the options for triple display support out of intel mini pc's was abysmal. may end up replacing it with one of these and just using that system as an HTPC.

Or, you can upgrade the BIOS, and just get a new processor?

One is definitely a lot cheaper than the other! And you don't have to deal with any OEM device bios locks.

Or, you can upgrade the BIOS, and just get a new processor?

One is definitely a lot cheaper than the other! And you don't have to deal with any OEM device bios locks.
hence why i'd rather have that system.. they don't care if it has an oem bios, all they wanted was triple display support because they work in financial/banking but there were no good options for a small form factor(mini-pc) with triple display under 400 dollars at the time. so i'll probably pick up one of these up since i've seen a few of them coming with triple display support and taking that one back so i can put a 4700g in it and use it for myself.

can't upgrade the GPU and there's a HP BIOS (yuck), but the HP Elitedesk 705 series might be worth looking at for mini PC buyers.

Back