Finally - A Fragbox for my collection!

dworley

Gawd

I have always wanted one of these cases but was unwilling to pay $300 for the DIY case as I did not care for the skull logo!!!

Thanks to a trade with soundmax - I know have this nice Fragbox case which was originally a system as it has the preferred Falcon Northwest logo!

I built it out using my standard mATX setup: eVGA NF-44, X2 4800+, 7950GX2, 2GB Corsair XMS, X-fi, 150GB Raptor and a SeaSonic M12 700.

I still Need to find something to fit in the 3 1/2 bay that leaves enough room to stuff the extra cable lengths from the PSU ;)

My temps Idle / Load temps (44/56) are a bit hotter in this case than with my other cases (X-Gene, Micro Fly or QMICRA) but it's working well enough and is fairly quiet as I'm using an NT06 "Lite" CPU cooler and running the other fans on 7V.

Man that front panel is so good. I wish I had a machine to cut plastic for me like that.

what's the size of this case like? same as the sg01 (not including handle)?

what's the size of this case like? same as the sg01 (not including handle)?

It's just a fraction of an inch smaller than the SG01 (Length and Height) My NT06 is much tighter against the PSU.

The Case cover is very nice - brushed aluminum finish and the internals are pretty much the same as the original SG01. With the same hardware config the Fragbox definitely runs hotter than my old SG01-B Evolution by a few degrees.

So far I am very happy with the case and it works well enough with my high end hardware even though the cooling performance is not as good as other cases I have.

I traded a BFG 7800GTX OC 256 + $100 for the case to another forum member

I've been in the market for an SFF case and happened upon the Fragbox recently on Newegg. While I like the overall look and design of it, coughing up $300 for it and it doesn't even include a power supply... no way in hell. I'm amazed that Falcon Northwest is reaming people with that price, I really and truly am.

I've always been an admirer of their machines (got offered a job with them years ago after submitting photos of some of my own builds and the clean wiring jobs I did), but $300 for a bare SFF case? I could go get some Plexiglass and have it laser cut and etched to make a practical clone of that thing for $225 or so with some friends that do custom case builds here in Vegas.

Interesting, but not for $300...

Nice one for your collection though, congrats. :)

fragbox-3.jpg
fragbox-3.jpg
fragbox-3.jpg

Found a cover for the 3.5 bay! My old Shuttle G2 black brushed aluminum bay cover works like a champ and matches the Shuttle optical drive nicely

...but you still need the skull one to "complete" your collection. :D

I could have sworn they offered the Falcon case separately at one time. I agree, I was never a fan of the Fragbox logo. Nice looking case. ;)

That does look nice dworley. I've always like that handle. I sure wish you could get one of those somewhere.

I really like the size of the windows on the fragbox, not so much the fan cutouts. The windows on the sg01 are too big for my tastes.

Back