Finally, a 4K monitor for photographers?

peppergomez

2[H]4U
BenQ announces 32" 4K high dynamic range monitor

"For photography professionals, BenQ will showcase its 32-inch SW320 4K UHD high dynamic range (HDR) monitor along with the award-winning 27-inch SW2700PT QHD display, TiPA's Best Photo Monitor of 2016. Both the SW320 and SW2700PT offer 99-percent Adobe RGB, 100-percent sRGB and Rec. 709 spaces to deliver the most accurate color reproduction with the aid of easy-to-use tools for hardware calibration. The SW Series photography monitors offer unparalleled technology and have been built to reproduce images with the same precise detail in which they are captured, delivering true-to-life image quality."

This looks like something I have been waiting for, since I am a photographer. www.madheiress.com is where my work lives.

Anyone else here interested in the SW320?

Not a pro and don't pretend to be one but I have always liked the high dollar screens I've seen in medical labs and CAD places but then I ask how much and walk away with my head held low.

The resolution and color is something to behold. The 8K screens should really pop with this kind of spec refinement.

I will read your review after you have had time to play with it.;)

lol exactly...it's just a drunken click away

Maybe I have to start getting drunk more often, I have the absolutely worst kind of purchase anxiety. It can go months or half year or sometimes longer I keep pondering whether or not to buy something. xD The

Especially a problem for me in the headphone hobby (also regarding for example computer pheriperals, mice in particular but also computer hardware), I see all these interesting headphones but I'm so happy with what I have and I keep thinking "what if" but at the same time I hate returning/selling or making unnecessary purchases in general (I don't like "wasting" my money, if I enjoy the product that's an entirely different story but I'm a bit of a perfectionist in the areas I'm interested in and very hard to please so most of the purchases I'm not quite perfectly happy with).

How to cure purchase anxiety? xD

Last edited:
That sounds pretty smart to me, actually, being careful about buying and avoiding the lure of the 'latest and greatest'
If you think of your gear as being tools not toys, and if they do the job, then there's no reason to buy something if what you own does what you need it to.

I've owned my 30" monitors for 6 or 7 years and my GTX 680 FTW cards for that long too. Have had no reason to replace them yet.

http://techreport.com/news/31068/benq-sw320-monitor-is-one-of-the-first-with-hdr

1479700744.jpg

As the dpreview link says its 350 nits, which for HDR video is useless. Just wait for high nit panels at CES. Hopefully we see a Samsung tv in 40-43" range that has capabilities like ks8000 at the bare minimum.

There are those Dell monitors. They are not branded as "HDR". Dell uses "PremierColor". Models UP2715K (5k) and UP3216Q (4k):

"Ideal coverage for every color professional. UP3216Q with PremierColor now offers a wider color coverage with 100% REC 709 and 87% DCI-P3 in addition to 99.5% Adobe RGB and 100% sRGB, which were available previously in the predecessor. The two new color spaces are ideal for color-critical projects that rely on industry standards, and are typically used by content production professionals. Reveal a high level of detail, even in dark areas, with a color depth of 1.07 billion colors."

Back