*Final* recommendations before I buy first setup

buffbiff21

Gawd
I am about to buy the following, but i would like some final input before i bust out my wallet.....

My system: 680i, E6600, 8800GTX, Lian Li PC-G70 case. (yeah its HUGE and its ready to be modded for a triple rad)

At first, Im going to chill the CPU and NB. No GPU block yet.

pump: MCP355
Rad: Theromchilll PA120.3 (triple) + Yate loons
CPUblock: Swiftech Storm or maybe a Dtek Fuzion
NB block: Swiftech mcw30
(sb cooler) Vantec Iceberq
Res: Alphacool Bullseye + drive bay thingey
1/2 tubing with distilled water

*can someone recommend me a fan controller?? preferable for the 3.5 bay.

My last question is where do I get the aftermarket fittings that change the 3/8 and such to 1/2 tubing? EDIT: I think they are DDC from Alphacool or Petra's tech shop or sumthin like that.

Please let me know if I am forgetting something because i think i am...

Thanks!

Go with the FuZion. For the MCP355, either get the alphacool top or petras top, whichever fits your preference. Don't forget to get some sort of additive for the distilled water, you don't want any civilizations starting up in your loop.

Get the masterkleer tubing, and make sure to get the top attachment for that Pump, or go for the MCP655.

I have bought:

The MCP355 with Petras top. it was 100 bucks at PTS.
the triple thermochill,
and the NB block.
sleeved yate loons
Iceberq for the SB

Have not yet bought:

CPU block,
tubing,
clamps,
some 3/8 threaded 1/2 tube barbs,
reservoir, (gonna get the alphacool Cape/Bullseye that thing is radical)
fan controller

These results are on a lapped IHS, that was the only time the Apogee GT with the Bowed base actually beat the Dtek. Definitely Dtek over the Apogee GT unless you are going to lap the IHS as that is the only time that the apogee GT beat the Dtek.

I have the same Rad.
Wich model Yate loon fan u got?
Thanks

wow...

necro post dude.

anyway i have the DS12SL, the 'low' models, becuase i wanted my rig to be silent. And it turned out very awesome.

I bought:
Storm(yeah it looked cooler than the Fuzion, a couple degrees C dont matter THAT much, plus, i am lapping my conroe and storm still seemed to do better)
mcw30 X2 for the chipsets
mcp355 with petras top (Laing DDC)
triple thermochill + 3 yateloons
alphacool cape/bullseye reservoir
silverstone 3.5 bay fan controller
stainless steel fittings/barbs
tygon R3603 1/2 tube

I plan on getting some EK G80 blocks, (cuz my temps are CRAZY low) but that will come later.

I will post some pics maybe later.

Back