Final Frontier...?

starhawk

[H]F Junkie
Found a piccie of a really old Star Trek ship, the UES Kamina CC-38 (dates back to the Earth-Romulan Wars...) and decided to make a version of it in CorelDRAW 9.

USS Kamina NCC-38:
Kamina in Starfleet Livery (JPEG).jpg

2nd Version of the Kamina:
Kamina%20in%20Starfleet%20Livery%20%28version%202%29%20%28JPEG%29.jpg

USS Rattler NCM-03:
Rattler%20in%20Starfleet%20Livery%20%28JPEG%29.jpg

Tell me what you think of them...

I commend you esp. since corel's pen tool is pretty crappy lol. Nah i shouldn't say that just too use to illustrator's but i think it came out nice. You should bring it into illustrator and play around with graident mesh's thou. With enough practise you can make it look really nice

Huh.....never saw that model starship before. Nice comic feel.......the starfeild in the background seems a little off somehow though. I think if it was less pixelized it would fit in better. Nice job though.

cr3do said:
I commend you esp. since corel's pen tool is pretty crappy lol. Nah i shouldn't say that just too use to illustrator's but i think it came out nice. You should bring it into illustrator and play around with graident mesh's thou. With enough practise you can make it look really nice

trust me, the pen tool gets a lot easier to use after ~10 years of working with corel. i started with version 6 and then went to version 9 a few years after it came out. i doubt i will be upgrading for quite some time.

it's more the nodes that you deal with than the pen tool: if you try to do a freehand on the screen, it will never in a million years wind up looking like you want it to.

Monkey34 said:
Huh.....never saw that model starship before. Nice comic feel.......the starfeild in the background seems a little off somehow though. I think if it was less pixelized it would fit in better. Nice job though.

it is an amarillo class starship, designed by a man named masao okazaki. he has a whole online "museum" of these old crates, www.starfleet-museum.org. you will notice that the livery on the amarillos is somewhat different from mine. this is because i did not consider it worth the time and effort that duplicating the logo that is used on them.

the background is a simple texture fill. i will fiddle with that a little and see if i can increase the resolution of it somehow.

alas, even at max resolution, it's still pixellated.

i will endeavor to create my own background.

thanks.

also: i can make a jpeg of either version availible to anyone who wants it for wallpaper at whatever resolution they want... but it is a monster huge image... the one i posted is over a meg @ 72dpi.

:( i would have thought there'd be more trekkies on this forum... i'm gonna do another image, see if that helps. different ship this time, tho.

Great to see a another Corel user. When you're finished with the new image (let's pray
that it's the super sleek USS Voyager) PM me a link to the CDR and I'll lay down some
CorelDraw11 goodness on it. ;)

'fraid that they are all gonna be from the Starfleet Museum (link in one of the posts above)...

i have 3 *.cdr files already. i will pm you for your email address so that i can email them to you.

Before:
before.jpg

After 20 minutes:
after.jpg

Not a major change (had to dump the text since I don't have Microgramma installed) but I
think shading is just a tad sleeker!

Sorry, I don't have heaps of time I would have liked to have spent a day or two on this just
to show what can be done with some knowledge of Corel, but I have stack of
assignements to grade and some exams to set! :(

very impressive... maybe when Pops finally gets coreldraw 11 i will too
hehehe.gif

hey, that's how i got 6 and 9...

Back