Final Fantasy XVI

Yeah I severely doubt this explanation.

Looks pretty gnarly by Final Fantasy standards. Watched a gameplay clip and the main character knocked an enemy to the ground and jammed a sword in their face, compete with a blood splatter appropriate to having a sword jammed into a face.

I hope this pumps political intrigue directly into my veins cause I live for that shit. And thank fuck it's not open world.
I think it was lost in translation. My impression is they haven't even started making a PC version, not that it just needs optimization. This game was made specifically for the PS5, which means the PC version wouldn't be able to be made in just 6 months.

The only saving grace to that argument I guess is that it's apparently on a new engine? Maybe?

I saw somewhere they said it's not on Luminous or Unreal and refused to specify.

The only saving grace to that argument I guess is that it's apparently on a new engine? Maybe?

I saw somewhere they said it's not on Luminous or Unreal and refused to specify.
Idk. It looks like a updated Luminous engine to me. The game looks very similar to FFXIV.

I think it was lost in translation. My impression is they haven't even started making a PC version, not that it just needs optimization. This game was made specifically for the PS5, which means the PC version wouldn't be able to be made in just 6 months.

Really zero reason you can't build them along side each other like most developers do. Just laziness really.

Idk. It looks like a updated Luminous engine to me. The game looks very similar to FFXIV.

SkillUp asked SE if the game was using Luminous or Unreal and was told no to both, but they declined to reveal exactly what the engine was. It's possible that it could be an updated version of Crystal Tools, FF14's engine, or something entirely custom. On its own, art style is not indicative of the game engine being used. Most early reports were saying it was UE4, but that could have changed somewhere down the line or those reports were just wrong. Of, course, it's also possible that there was a translation issue and the game is using one of those two engines or that SE lied because they didn't want to say one way or the other.

Really zero reason you can't build them along side each other like most developers do. Just laziness really.

Ah, yes, because wanting to pool all of their resources into focusing on a single version is such a sign of being "lazy". The laziness argument is always such bullshit in these cases. Ya'll act like you want developers to just pop out ports and completed games the moment you snap your fingers. Don't push publishers into thinking it's a good idea to rush shit. Support the idea that projects take time and that SE (and other studios) should give developers proper resources to ensure games come out well. Stop being an entitled dick because you don't get things immediately.

Ah, yes, because wanting to pool all of their resources into focusing on a single version is such a sign of being "lazy". The laziness argument is always such bullshit in these cases. Ya'll act like you want developers to just pop out ports and completed games the moment you snap your fingers. Don't push publishers into thinking it's a good idea to rush shit. Support the idea that projects take time and that SE (and other studios) should give developers proper resources to ensure games come out well. Stop being an entitled dick because you don't get things immediately.

Cute rant, but they're still being lazy. This isn't the 90s where each console had vastly different hardware and games were designed around very unique hardware limitations. They just have a lazy and Japanese approach to things. That includes putting out crappy PC ports that come late for no other reason but laziness and shortsightedness.

FFXIV runs on Crystal Tools, not Luminous Engine. That is what the current speculation is: FFXVI is running on a new version of Crystal Tools.

Cute rant, but they're still being lazy. This isn't the 90s where each console had vastly different hardware and games were designed around very unique hardware limitations. They just have a lazy and Japanese approach to things. That includes putting out crappy PC ports that come late for no other reason but laziness and shortsightedness.

There are a lot of problems with Japanese culture and game development. Lazy, however, is not a term I would apply to them. Bad ports are, almost, always the fault of upper management either not giving the dev team enough support (time, money, people, etc) or pushing the project on a team that is not equipped to handle it. All of SE’s port issues likely could have been solved if the teams had more time to work on them.

There are a lot of problems with Japanese culture and game development. Lazy, however, is not a term I would apply to them. Bad ports are, almost, always the fault of upper management either not giving the dev team enough support (time, money, people, etc) or pushing the project on a team that is not equipped to handle it. All of SE’s port issues likely could have been solved if the teams had more time to work on them.
FFXV seems to be the only one where there was real effort put into the PC version. It took them 2 years from the release of the console to the PC version for that one.

FFXV seems to be the only one where there was real effort put into the PC version. It took them 2 years from the release of the console to the PC version for that one.

XV was really rough on launch. They put a lot of effort into fixing it up. Sadly SE pulled the plug on any further work after Tabata left the company.

Nice. At the ending card, said at the bottom *not available for other platforms until 12/31/2023* I guess that confirms the six months exclusivity.

where is the 12/31 date shown in that video?...or are you referring to another video?

Octopath travler is my new Final Fantasy the more realism they added the less Fantasy aspect. Yoshitaka Amano basically made the game with game with his concept art

Nice. At the ending card, said at the bottom *not available for other platforms until 12/31/2023* I guess that confirms the six months exclusivity.
That is place holder date. Means they don't know when or if other platforms with get it. Mm ore then likely PC only.

That is place holder date. Means they don't know when or if other platforms with get it. Mm ore then likely PC only.

I doubt PC only. Likely no Switch, but it'll be on Steam and it'll be on Xbox.

Yeah, there is no FF7R in sight for the Xbox consoles, and they're releasing the Pixel Remasters on every console except the Xbox family.

Oh no kidding, I didn't know they hadn't put FFVIIR on the Xbox yet. How strange. I wonder if Microsoft is wanting it to go exclusively through the Xbox store and SE sees the Steam install base + Steam Deck as a better option? Yes, I'm a SD fanboi

I think the main issue was MS wanted FFXIV to run off their servers. Also FFXI on the 360 was a terrible experience.
That wasn't my experience. It ran at least as well as the PC version in my experience and looked a hell of a lot better. The framerate was consistently higher at the auction houses in Jeuno and Whitegate. I played primarily on the 360 version after it came out. I was disappointed when the 360 version was killed.

That wasn't my experience. It ran at least as well as the PC version in my experience and looked a hell of a lot better. The framerate was consistently higher at the auction houses in Jeuno and Whitegate. I played primarily on the 360 version after it came out. I was disappointed when the 360 version was killed.
I only played on PC for the most part. I tried it on the 360 and was just laggy to me. What server did you play on?

Screenshot_20230330-022529.png

I have a feeling when I have time to play Octopath Traveler 2 some more it's going to be a great game when you make stuff small it has more character.
Small Deathadder Small Viper Midgets in general get praised small cars like Hotwheels are more popular than regular cars.

20-minute gameplay walkthrough today at 21:00 UTC.

Looks great!!! Long time lover of the FF series, but I'm just not sure how I'll like the full action combat. It makes the game stressful and one of the hallmarks of FF games is that don't induce stress lol.
I'll pick it up either way

Final Fantasy XVI- 'Salvation' Launch Trailer

I'm excited, but I'm hoping for a not so overly complicated combat system. I really don't want to have to memorize button combinations and have to have twitch reflexes to win an ARPG.

Back