Final Fantasy XV

Beat the game last night. Went back in Chapter 15 and went through some of the optional content, cleared 2 of the menace dungeons, did all 5 legendary weapon quests, killed MA-X Angelus a couple of times. I was reading lots of reddit posts about people farming post game but there's really just no reason I can find to continue spending hours on the game. I haven't killed the Omega weapon they put in the PC version in Insomnia yet, but other than that, I think I'm pretty well done with the game. I consider it a pretty good entry in the series and I had fun with it, clocked in about 40 hours total. Now I just need to decide what I'm going to play next.

How many hours did you spend in total? I want to start the game but it looks like a huge time sink.

How many hours did you spend in total? I want to start the game but it looks like a huge time sink.

42 hours played in Steam and I've done everything sans a few of the post-game dungeons (which seem to be pretty tedious) - and some of the optional side quest that are just "there" - they provide no real value. You can spend hours fishing or doing extra fetch quests for money or items you don't need. But why? I'm not a completionist, though.

I will say that the game could have been longer had I not used any exp farming techniques but doing it all "organically" would have proven to be extremely boring - end game content can be done around Level 55 - I started farming Adamantoise in Chapter 14 and was Level 99 within a couple of hours.

I stay away from massive time sinks myself, honestly I never finished TW3 or ME:A last year because I didn't want to devote the time to them. As a huge fan of the FF series though, this game went by very quickly for me and never felt like a chore.

Now I just need to decide what I'm going to play next.

I bought Ni No Kuni 2 today off Steam. Reviews for it looked pretty good and a friend of mine who is a fellow JRPG nut is currently enjoying it.

And after playing a darker, more realistic looking JRPG, I figure a JRPG that is a polar opposite of sorts style-wise wouldn't be as fatiguing to play right after FFXV.

I bought Ni No Kuni 2 today off Steam. Reviews for it looked pretty good and a friend of mine who is a fellow JRPG nut is currently enjoying it.

And after playing a darker, more realistic looking JRPG, I figure a JRPG that is a polar opposite of sorts style-wise wouldn't be as fatiguing to play right after FFXV.

I've been eyeing it. Let us know your thoughts after a few hours of playtime. I could very well pull the trigger on it myself, I'm just not really familiar with it at all beyond the Steam reviews I've seen thus far.

Added to my watch list

I feel the same. After the finishing the game, I feel like the side quests are just useless and just there for timesink. I wish the side quests would’ve been more related to the story or some sort. Good 40+ Hours of gameplay tho.

I've been eyeing it. Let us know your thoughts after a few hours of playtime. I could very well pull the trigger on it myself, I'm just not really familiar with it at all beyond the Steam reviews I've seen thus far.

I'm about 8 hours into the game currently. I'm enjoying it so far and it's running at a solid 60 fps @ 4K and everything but motion blur on high. I can feel the influence of many different JRPG games while playing it so it's kinda hard for me to describe it in a few words. To me it's like they took Dragon Quest VIII, replaced Akira Toriyama's designs with Studio Ghilbi art, swapped in the overworld exploring from Blue Dragon, threw in Suikoden style recruiting/castle building, and popped in the combat from the later Tales/Star Ocean games with a sprinkle of FFXV weapon swapping. It's a game for children compared to FFXV's teen/adult theme but it looks beautiful, sounds fantastic (gives DQVIII OST a run for it's money at times), and plays very smoothly. If you like traditional JRPGs at all I'd say to give it a go.

To anyone else reading this I apologise for the off topic post.

it's running at a solid 60 fps @ 4K and everything but motion blur on high.

How?

I'm getting 50-60 and an occasional dip to 40 on a 3440x1440p Widescreen.

We have a similar rig minus the CPU. That couldn't be that much of a difference...

How?

I'm getting 50-60 and an occasional dip to 40 on a 3440x1440p Widescreen.

We have a similar rig minus the CPU. That couldn't be that much of a difference...

Something must be up on your end. Which drivers are you using? I'm on 391.24 which are running fine but I had big performance issues with 391.01 cause stutter and wild FPS swings.

Edit: Just to clarify you are talking about Ni No Kuni 2, right? If you are talking about FFXV I averaged 45-60 fps @ 3K (not 4K) depending on the location.

Something must be up on your end. Which drivers are you using? I'm on 391.24 which are running fine but I had big performance issues with 391.01 cause stutter and wild FPS swings.

Edit: Just to clarify you are talking about Ni No Kuni 2, right? If you are talking about FFXV I averaged 45-60 fps @ 3K (not 4K) depending on the location.
Shit, I was talking about FFXV, lol.

Ok, looks like I'm getting what I'm supposed to be getting then!

All online functionality except for the Comrades expansion has been removed from the Windows Edition releases on both Steam and Origin. Apparently this is to fix the game stutter issue. So, it appears they just threw their hands up and killed part of the game to fix performance issues. The Windows Store version is apparently unaffected...

https://old.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/herfco/revision_1282261_mod_organizer_update/

All online functionality except for the Comrades expansion has been removed from the Windows Edition releases on both Steam and Origin. Apparently this is to fix the game stutter issue. So, it appears they just threw their hands up and killed part of the game to fix performance issues. The Windows Store version is apparently unaffected...

https://old.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/herfco/revision_1282261_mod_organizer_update/

What the..That's very disappointing . I own XV the complete edition on Steam but it is on my backlog ; how much online functionality is there? Is this a big change and how bad was the stuttering issue in the first place?

What the..That's very disappointing . I own XV the complete edition on Steam but it is on my backlog ; how much online functionality is there? Is this a big change and how bad was the stuttering issue in the first place?
Something called Avatara that I never messed around with. It was basically a "Monster Hunter" mode where you could make a custom Noctis and earn rewards. It was dependent on online rankings to distribute. I would not think that this affects the single player in anyway, but I have not played it in a while.

I never experienced the stuttering, myself, but then again my PC is in the top 0.1% of PC gamers.

Back